Brawlout coming to Switch this Fall

Following a successful launch on Steam Early Access in April 2017, platform fighting game, Brawlout from Angry Mob Games, is headed to the Nintendo Switch in time for the holiday season. Brawlout packs a punch with couch and online play modes, blending platform fighter mechanics and traditional fighting game play into a stylish and fluid battle royale.

FEATURES
  • Choose from six original characters, each with unique combat styles, or try your hand at Hyper Light Drifter from the indie hit of the same name + more surprise fighters in the works
  • Host up to 4 players in online and local battles, with several modes including timed, stock or team matches
  • Fuel your Rage Meter to power up for hard-hitting Special Attacks and unleash your Rage Mode
  • Action is kept fast and fluid with advanced techniques like air dodging, wavedashes, directional influence on stun, ledge grabs or Rage Bursts.
  • Brawlout does away with shields and blocking, focusing heavily on the aggressive, fast-paced combat which has made platform fighters so fun to both play and watch.

Nekomaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't get their logic, they ported Mario Kart 8 and now release this instead of porting SSBU despite having released the last (beautiful!) wave of Smash amiibo only recently...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Awww, I misread the video's title and thought Hyper Light Drifter was coming to the Switch.
Since the character is already coming to Switch, I wouldn't be surprised if the game does too at some point. Owl Boy is already confirmed.

They totally copied smash concept and maps, if theres no campaign, theres no creativity here
Is any game a completely original concept any more? It's an indie game priced at $10 on PC. It'll scratch the itch for a Smash-lite game just fine until we get an official one.

Umm does nintendo know the game is a clone of their most popular game, they approved this for their system.... crossover characters? :ninja:
That would be neat. Whether they keep the Sega/Square characters or not in the next Smash, I'd love to see characters like Hyper Light Drifter and Owl Boy join in. Nintendo + PC lyfe.

Last edited by Xzi,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Blatant Smash clone and what's worse is that the characters look like Skylanders' rejects that even Activision wouldn't accept.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people in this thread acting like smash bros. is the only platform fighter LMAO

buying because hyper light drifter

EDIT: before anyone quotes me and asks me to name one... playstation all stars battle royale. rivals of aether. brawlhalla. icons combat arena.

Last edited by frogboy,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

people in this thread acting like smash bros. is the only platform fighter LMAO

buying because hyper light drifter

EDIT: before anyone quotes me and asks me to name one... playstation all stars battle royale. rivals of aether. brawlhalla. icons combat arena.
You're acting like this is a completely original idea which it isn't. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal was Sony's response to Nintendo's Smash and that failed miserably, plus, they never bothered to make a sequel either. lol

It all started back when Nintendo made Smash 64 and how it became a hit ever since.

My favourite Smash clone is D.O.N Battle Stadium (Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Naruto).

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're acting like this is a completely original idea
not really sure where you got that from since i mentioned four other games

i know that smash started it all. my point is that platform fighter has now become a genre, and this is simply another entry in that genre.

Last edited by frogboy,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

not really sure where you got that from since i mentioned four other games

i know that smash started it all. my point is that platform fighter has now become a genre, and this is simply another entry in that genre.
You were being too defensive about this "game".

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks kool, and maybe the answer to a "Steam Super Smash Bros" clone finally being made.
Hopefully it doesn't end up like Playstation All Stars, I thought it was going to be the new dope fighting game that beat Smash Bros but nope. Nintendo's games still hold up strong & a reason to buy into their consoles.

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres been many smash clones on nintendo systems. Mainly from JUMP or Hudson Soft. Cartoon Network had one, TMNT, just to name a few.

Reactions: ShonenJump

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I'm open to smash clones, but the biggest advantage that smash clones have over smash is that they can play on non-nintendo platforms like pc. Having a smash clone on a nintendo console just seems unnessicary. And brawlout is a rather poor smash clone, kinda bottom of the barrel in the smash-equse fighters. The only smash clone I felt was on the same level gameplay-wise as smash was rivals of aether. All others kinda have wonky controls are just feel really cheap. Rivals of aether isn't a super casual game though, defiantly has the competitive scene in mind. I would probably go buy a switch if a rivals of aether port was available lol

D

Deleted User

If all the fighters looked like Hyper Light Drifter then id buy it, but alas they all look so bland

Should have made the whole game indie character crossovers

Last edited by ,

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, looks like a good game to try out while waiting for a Smash game on the Switch. Hope it's still $10 when it comes out on Switch like it is on Steam right now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over