ROM Hack Bravely Second 999 villagers

G25900

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know how it's cheatfinder works but I'd assume it would be possible if it works like other cheat finders, you'd just need to find the values in memory first.

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
thank you very much for the detailed instruction, this is my first time using savedatafiler and it works,

by the way, why do i have to change the save filename first? when i tried to export it without changing the filename i got a broken save file

Yes you have to change the save to 000400000FF40A00.sav before importing the Gateway Save(that the reason why it say CTR is broken)

I cannot get this to work on my Gateway. In savedatafiler it always says CTR card broken.

Ok you forgot a 0 in your save:

000400000FF40A00 instead of
00040000FF40A00

oops you are right, sorry

Last edited by askara,

bidiwarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi , thanks for your tips ! My problem is , it does not work for me .

First , i got 1 citizen in game , and on my save file my value is not 01 00 but 53 41 and on the right , where u got something like ......xç.... etc etc i got 3DS_SAVE ;VER=0
, when i edit the value like u told us to do , it become 3DS_ç.VE ;VER=0 , so i'm doing all the stuff , i save the file , put in on my linker , and then when i start the game again , no more save file detected (the back up save is still working btw) .

I dont get what i'm doing wrong i have a sky3ds+ , and i cant even get the dailys citizens by the menu since when i'm trying to do it , it tell me "u cant do it with this game card" ... i'm a bit confused , and i cant up any big bulding in my city with a single citizen :P

Sorry for my poor english , i hope u understand my problem :)

Odven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi , thanks for your tips ! My problem is , it does not work for me .

First , i got 1 citizen in game , and on my save file my value is not 01 00 but 53 41 and on the right , where u got something like ......xç.... etc etc i got 3DS_SAVE ;VER=0
, when i edit the value like u told us to do , it become 3DS_ç.VE ;VER=0 , so i'm doing all the stuff , i save the file , put in on my linker , and then when i start the game again , no more save file detected (the back up save is still working btw) .

I dont get what i'm doing wrong i have a sky3ds+ , and i cant even get the dailys citizens by the menu since when i'm trying to do it , it tell me "u cant do it with this game card" ... i'm a bit confused , and i cant up any big bulding in my city with a single citizen :P

Sorry for my poor english , i hope u understand my problem :)

You only changed the text, try looking for the value that is 01 first, because that is what the villager value is at right? It should show up early in the file. You should also change the one you edited back to what it was to fix your save.

I also recommend all of you upgrade to jk's save manager because sdf is extremely out of date.

bidiwarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I dont get any value at 01 actually , and my save dont have the same name at the autor ... I didnt "dumped" the save since i read somewhere that with the sky3ds+ u dont have to , i opened my SD on my pc , get the saved file and did exactly what the autor said (exept the dump thing), maybe that's the problem ?

33 44 53 5F 53 41 56 45 20 3B 56 45 52 3D 30 20 , that's the value on the first line , under i only got FF FF FF everywhere .

Thanks for your awnser anyway

EDIT : i changed a value who was at 01 00 under column 04 05 , the save still works but nothing changed at my citizens count , i dont get what i changed :)

Last edited by bidiwarrior,

Odven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, this worked for my first bravely default game too. I couldn't change it with gateway since it'a impossible to search a static number -_-

bidiwarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi again ! Since i cant change my citizens count at all ( maybe cuz i dont have the same save file as u guys , dunno i'm so bad at this :P ) Can someone explain to me why i cant do the "manual" update in the menu with update streetpass and shit ( i might be called update file in english , or something ) , when i'm doing it , it load a bit and then i got an error message who told me that i cant do this with this game card ( sky3ds+ )
Anyone has the same problem ?

EDIT : it told me that i can use online service with this game card , exactly.

Thanks again for your effort , sorry for my noobness :P

Last edited by bidiwarrior,

bidiwarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys ... a little up topic just to know if someone got an awnser at my problems :) first i cant update thing to get daily citizens with my Sky3ds+ and i dunno why ,and the second one is the problem with the 999 citizen trick on the save ... i still dont understand what i'm doing wrong , i just got a new hint , since u told that the save of the game AND the save of the village are two different save , on my sky3ds+ i just got a single saved called lfc-bsed.sav , and when i try to read it i dont have the same value as you on column 04 and 05 , i mean with a single citizen i get 45 56 or something where i'm supposed to get 01 00 , and when i change it as u did , the save got broken.

thanks for your work !

G25900

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I can see what's happening with SKY3DS+ users here.

You're editing the Sky3DS+'s own save file as opposed to the village save file, if you have a correct dump you should have about five different .SAV files all beginning with BD2, you need to edit BD2Colony.SAV which is the village save file, this is why the values are wrong in yours, you're editing the save header.

The save you're getting is more like the Sky3DS' own save backup that it then writes to the cartridge when you load the rom, once it's loaded it should be in the correct format on the cartridge itself which you can then dump like a normal retail cartridge.

Load the game on the cartridge and then use a regular save dumper to pull the individual files off and on to the consoles SD card, don't touch the ones on your Sky3ds SD card.

Last edited by G25900,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr