Hacking Brand new "new 3ds XL" modding.

Outlawbiker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im looking to buy a 3ds Xl to mod, I have been reading guides everywhere and I am sure I can do it, But I need some clarifications on a few things that I cant find concrete answers to and maybe some one here can help me. I am also assuming that buying a brand new unit is going to be greater than 11.3.

I bought a R4i Gold 3DS Plus just in case I run into a problem and need it.

1) If the console I get is greater than 11.3 I have to use the R4i Gold Plus flashcart in ntrboot? I dont own or know anyone with a 3ds to do the other method. Does this get me to CFW?
2) Do I need to keep the flashcart switched to ntrboot and in the slot to use mods, or does it permanently install CFW?
3) Once mods/CFW are working,are they installed to the sd card? Is it safe to pull the sd card out of the console or to upgrade to a larger one?
4) Does freeshop and other apps still work with firmwares greater than 11.3?
5) If the unit comes with OFW 11.4/11.5 should I update to 11.6 before modding?
6) Other than the method of getting to CFW on different FW versions, does being on 11.4/.5/.6 break anything that older FW could do?
7) Is it possible to return the 3ds back to factory stock if I needed to send it out on warranty/repair or return?

Thank you for any advice before i jump into this,it could save me from buying the wrong console.

Last edited by Outlawbiker,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
1. You need any of the supported flashcards (make sure they work on 11.6, R4i Gold Plus is one of them). Yes, this will install CFW on your system.
2. CFW is permanent and does need any entry points once it is installed so no.
3. It is installed on SD and on NAND too (if you choose so). If you want to upgrade to bigger SD, just copy all files and you are golden.
4. They will work on any FW.
5. Recommended, but it is not necessary.
6. Nope (maybe some homebrew entry points which are useless with CFW).
7. Yes, it is possible, but you are not going to do it :P

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: EddCase

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: :( +2