bluesceada

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Initial Problem was:
NEW 3in1 modules don't get detected anymore with official AK2 firmware until 4.17 (at least)

Solution to initial Problem:
Update to AKAIO, but be careful with earlier saves of gba games (keep a backup!)
Some GBA games seem not to work correctly with AKAIO vs the official Firmware (if you have a 3in1 that works in both), look there for further discussion:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165...=0#entry2107513

please close!

bluesceada

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok got it working with newest akaio ak2loader, whatever that problem was, I never thought that still gba updates were made in akaio ... O.o (or maybe some other problem that also fixed gba things?) ..

whatever, it works now
smile.gif

Though, I wonder what the 3 in 1 people changed in their more recent versions ....?

bluesceada

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry for a 3rd reply to my own message.......

There is still one problem, I can't get my Mother 3 savegame from ak2 4.17 working with AKAIO ........ (either of the 3 in 1 cartridges)

Is there some known problem with Mother 3 (+ english patch) ...?

edit (Explained more in Detail):
1. I got a fully working not corrupt savegame from AK2 4.17
2. Load it with AKAIO
3. In the game it tells me "Data corrupt. Save file(s) deleted."
4. After that just one of the two savegames is still there (good that I always use both to save, I first didnt do a backup, but could load it again in AK2 firmware)
5. I go in the game, save it again to both slots
6. I turn off and on the DS, AKAIO loads the savefile back to MicroSD
7. I load Mother 3 again and it tells me "Data corrupt. Save file(s) deleted." - Both save files are missing now and show "No Data"

So it seems there is a bug in AKAIO when loading sram savegames from 3 in 1 to the MicroSD ? At least for Mother 3 ? Or it is not compatible to how the official AK2 4.17 saved the sram files? Anyone?

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bluesceada said:
Sorry for a 3rd reply to my own message.......

There is still one problem, I can't get my Mother 3 savegame from ak2 4.17 working with AKAIO ........ (either of the 3 in 1 cartridges)

Is there some known problem with Mother 3 (+ english patch) ...?

It seems to load correct, but then Mother 3 tells me "Data corrupt. Save file(s) deleted." After it was transfered to the MicroSD card and back to the cartridge..

So it seems there is a bug in AKAIO when loading sram savegames from 3 in 1 to the MicroSD ? At least for Mother 3 ? Or it is not compatible to how the official AK2 4.17 saved the sram files? Anyone?
It worked fine for me. I was actually just playing it earlier.
tongue.gif
But I found that I had to launch the game from the DS menu instead of the AKAIO one. It was all garbled when I tried booting it from AKAIO for some reason. But I haven't had any problems. Maybe it's because it's AKAIO that made the save in the first place.

bluesceada

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I also had the garbled error with the new 3 in 1 pack, not with the old. And just with the EZ IV patched version of Mother 3.... (what kind of complex situation is this? Patched Mother3, unpatched Mother3, AK2 4.17, akaio, start with one, save with the other or the other way around...
wacko.gif
)

And how can you just use AK2 4.17 when you normally use AKAIO ? Run it from AKAIO from the normal nds file? But then you have to be careful that your game really gets saved to MicroSD and don't forget that....

Not a solution for me ........

Too bad you cant select different loaders for gba files and just nds files..

-------- edit:

Now I have a semi-reproduceable situation, AKAIO now always just corrupts one part of the savegame (the first one) ... still very strange..

A question: How big is your Mother 3 savegame? Mine is 64KB

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I just flash the game to NOR with AKAIO then run it later from the DS Lite's main menu. It seems to work fine that way. But I think I would also have to flash the sram to the micro sd card if I want to keep the save later. It works fine for me though. Just don't use the official firmware.

bluesceada

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dont use the official?

Sorry I am now talking about AKAIO vs Mother3 .. maybe I should open up a new thread with that topic....

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bluesceada said:
Dont use the official?

Sorry I am now talking about AKAIO vs Mother3 .. maybe I should open up a new thread with that topic....
Well then...where did this save come from? Did AKAIO create it or is it from somewhere else?

bluesceada

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok sorry, I should stop the confusion and write in clear words again....

First there I some other thread I found we could continue talking, I described everything detailed there now:

Please CLOSE this Thread, the problem has nothing to do with the initial one anymore:

Initial Problem was:
NEW 3in1 modules don't get detected anymore with official AK2 firmware until 4.17 (at least)

Solution to initial Problem:
Update to AKAIO, but be careful with earlier saves of gba games (keep a backup!)
Some GBA games seem not to work correctly with AKAIO vs the official Firmware (if you have a 3in1 that works in both), look there for further discussion:

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
bluesceada said:
Initial Problem was:

there is a 3in1 called the 3in1new this is not the 3in1+. also are you saying the 3in1+ works in official 4.17?

the way you phrased it really confuses me.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout