Hacking Bought my chipped Wii back from a friend..need to update?

scottsimon1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

Looking for some advice/help. I just bought my old chipped Wii back from a friend. I sold it to them about a year and a half ago, and it has had no updates done to it since then. Its basically in the exact same condition as I gave it to her. It currently has system menu 3.3U installed. Its chipped with a WiiKey V1. It plays all my old backed up games I gave to her, including Mario Galaxy 1, Mario Kart Wii, Twilight Princess, Etc. It also plays Gamecube backups fine. However, I just bought New Super Mario Bros Wii and its trying to force me to update. I am kinda scared to do that. I've been out of the scene so long that I am not sure where to start.
I updated my Homebrew channel to the latest and downloaded homebrew broswer and I've been able to update all my old apps. I had an issue installing wads until I realizeded I had IOS249 installed. Uninstalled and wads are installing fine.

So...with my current setup, whats the best way to proceed? Below is a readout from "sysCheck" on the homebrew broswer. Thanks for any help!

sysCheck v2.0 by Double_A
...runs on IOS51 (rev 4633).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 3.3 (v353)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 34622699
Boot2 v2

Found 103 titles.
Found 22 IOS on this console. 0 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 3): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS9 (rev 516): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS11 (rev 10): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 6): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS13 (rev 10): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS14 (rev 257): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS15 (rev 260): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 512): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS20 (rev 12): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 517): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS22 (rev 772): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS28 (rev 1288): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS30 (rev 2576): ES Identify, Flash Access
IOS31 (rev 2576): ES Identify, Flash Access
IOS33 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS34 (rev 3087): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 1042): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 2070): ES Identify
IOS51 (rev 4633): No Patches
IOS249 (rev 2070): Trucha Bug
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v4
MIOS v8

Report generated on 2010/08/28.

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
install bootmii and preloader before upgrading. You have a bootv2 so your brick protect with boot mii and preloader could block any update from nintendo

just use this hacks.ini

it's for all 4.x version and all regions

thanks to damysteryman to update all da_letter_a hack for 4.3

scottsimon1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i just want to go over this to make sure i dont screw myself...install ios58 and then install the bootmii/HBC installer? i did that, and im getting a menu when i turn on the wii that lets me go to wii menu, HBC, or backup to sd card. the game disc still prompts for an update. am i now ok to accept it, or should i just install preloader to block it? my apologies for all the questions!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
scottsimon1979 said:
So i just want to go over this to make sure i dont screw myself...install ios58 and then install the bootmii/HBC installer? i did that, and im getting a menu when i turn on the wii that lets me go to wii menu, HBC, or backup to sd card. the game disc still prompts for an update. am i now ok to accept it, or should i just install preloader to block it? my apologies for all the questions!
You can accept the the update now, it's OK. To fix this that you wii not ask to go to system menu, HBC,... you need to change the line in bootmii.ini in the bootmii folder on your sd card from: BOOTDELAY=5 to BOOTDELAY=0

scottsimon1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent. Everythings working and I can now play the new disc I bought. Many thanks!

On a related note, the Wii Shop Channel is also prompting for a (separate) update, it seems. Is this the same deal...i'm ok to install that update, or should I just ignore it? The only reason I even want to go into the shop channel is that I know I bought a lot of VC games when I owned the Wii the first time, and wouldnt mind getting some of that stuff back.

Again, thank you for all your help Fix94. Most especially for giving me clear and concise directions. Vielen Dank!

And thanks to matguitarist as well.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't update with the Shop Channel, this will install you 4.3 and overwrite all IOSes! To safe update the shop channel, start Dop-Mii, use IOS36, go to Channels and make sure Shopping Channel is selected. Then press plus, answer with YES and Download from NUS. After this you can use the shop channel again
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated