Hacking Bought an AceKard2i at DX on thursday...

Gunfreak11

OP
Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
I only tried to buy it from them since I got the AceKard2.1 last time, and I got scared when 0ShippingZone gave me an error message, which I now know is caused by me not putting the WWW in.

Perhaps I should cancel the order and buy from 0SZ because they actually sell them publically? I tried to purchase using that SKU thread, but I feel as if it will never go through...

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Why on earth did you go with DX considering all the bad news on the forum about them. There are whole threads about the alternative sites, not just 0shipping.

If you can cancel I certainly would. Chances of getting a duff card are high from DX now if they ever do deliver.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gunfreak11 said:
I only tried to buy it from them since I got the AceKard2.1 last time, and I got scared when 0ShippingZone gave me an error message, which I now know is caused by me not putting the WWW in.

Perhaps I should cancel the order and buy from 0SZ because they actually sell them publically? I tried to purchase using that SKU thread, but I feel as if it will never go through...

I have 2 AK2i's on DX which are currently listed as packaging. They were ordered on Tuesday, so DX are still doing them. The worst thing that can happen is you wait a few more days and then get a refund.

My previous card from them received 2 weeks ago needed to use the R4 1.4 update, but otherwise works fine. No hole in the front and works with AKAIO 1.5.1

Because of all the sites removing the cards from their websites, I placed an order for 1 AK2i at FP and an order for 2 more AK2i at DX. FP posted it the next day (but I still haven't received it yet) and after 4 days at DX on "Waiting for supplier" I paniced and cancelled the order with the intention of ordering 2 from FP. DX cancelled the order and refunded the money (after a few days) without any problem. I didn't realise that FP had removed them from the website, and I wished I gave DX a few more days, so then had to use google cache to order from FP's. Predictably the order sat on processing for 4 days, so I ordered another 2 from DX. Again sat on "waiting on supplier" for a few days and when someone on here posted 7dayshop(UK) had them on the cheap, I ordered 2 from there and sent FP an email to cancel the order. Being my luck the following morning DX's changed to packaging and FP's to shipped. I still skeptical about FP as they never responded to my email or given shipping confirmation, but I have faith in DX.

If my order at DX changes to shipped, i'll let you know.

The bottom line is these cards are only $13 which is nothing, so get a spare anyhow. With all the sites removing them, it may be very difficult to find them in 2-3 months time.

Gunfreak11

OP
Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
Mine switched to packaging
hrth.gif
yaynds.gif
toot.gif

Now, onto more important matters about the product. The second post says that I'm likely to get a bad cart or maybe even a clone. Is this true?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I imagine it's dependant on what batch they are from. The one I received about 2 weeks ago was a grey spring loaded 0fc2 8181. It didn't have a hole in the front like the reported clones, but did require the R4i update to go 1.4. However it fully works with AKAIO 1.5.1 and i'm happy with it.

There's a thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184332&st=30 where a few others were having problems updating their cards sent by DX in the last 2-3 weeks, once it was found the R4i patch work all seem to be working. All seemed to be the windowless type and all seemed to be working after the R4i fix was discovered.

I'm assuming the ones they are sending out now are from the same batch, as I imagine they have sold far fewer since they remove them from their site so may have a few in their warehouse.

People have said in the past that DX get's them straight from Acekard, I don't know if that's true.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
I imagine it's dependant on what batch they are from. The one I received about 2 weeks ago was a grey spring loaded 0fc2 8181. It didn't have a hole in the front like the reported clones, but did require the R4i update to go 1.4. However it fully works with AKAIO 1.5.1 and i'm happy with it.

In comparison, the one I got from FocalPrice this morning is identical apart from the Orange DSi sticker being in a different corner. It too was 0fc2 8181, it went 1.4 with the updated firmware fix posted by normatt which was the first I tried.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Took the plunge. The 8181 card from DX which required the R4i update to go 1.4 sucessfully updated using the updated Acekard firmare fix posted by Normatt. So there's no problem at all with the DX AK2i's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I had one it was fun lol