Hacking Bought a Used Vita with an SDAdapter Plus 400gb card, now...umm...stuck!

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I have gotten hold of a used Vita 2000 which has an SD2Vita, and a 400gb Micro SD Card installed.

The guy before me, wiped the vita (I assume to take his PSN details off) So when I turn the vita on, Im greeted with the welcome screen etc (but I believe I do get the enso image at the start)

In system, firmware shows as 3.65 with a few japanese symbols after it.

Everything else to my eye though, looks normal.

What process do I need to follow from here to getting it up and running.

To my knowledge the micro SD is full of games etc but im not too concerned about losing them and starting again if needed, I'm just a bit unsure which guide to follow for what im at.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like the person did a system restore on it. that won't get rid of enso, but it will reset it. if he formatted the sd card, you may have to run hencore on it to get vita shell back.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you might try extracting vita shell from its vpk with winrar or something like .7z (it's free), then putting it in the app folder and rebuilding the database.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I have gotten hold of a used Vita 2000 which has an SD2Vita, and a 400gb Micro SD Card installed.

The guy before me, wiped the vita (I assume to take his PSN details off) So when I turn the vita on, Im greeted with the welcome screen etc (but I believe I do get the enso image at the start)

Everything else to my eye though, looks normal.

What process do I need to follow from here to getting it up and running.

To my knowledge the micro SD is full of games etc but im not too concerned about losing them and starting again if needed, I'm just a bit unsure which guide to follow for what im at.

@kristianity77 ,do you have any app installed (bubble)when you turn it on?

Reactions: godreborn

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never had any apps on it whatsoever, it was totally like a stock Vita apart from the enso boot screen and the fact the firmware showed 3.65.

I did a complete reinstall from scratch and got it to work. Not happy though as I believe I've fried the 400GB Micro SD somehow. It worked before as well.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Never had any apps on it whatsoever, it was totally like a stock Vita apart from the enso boot screen and the fact the firmware showed 3.65.

I did a complete reinstall from scratch and got it to work. Not happy though as I believe I've fried the 400GB Micro SD somehow. It worked before as well.

@kristianity77 ,then you just have to redo the hack with Final HE 1.92.
As regards the sdcard try to insert it in a smartphone or to format it,if nothing happens it means that it was a fake sdcard.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@kristianity77 ,then you just have to redo the hack with Final HE 1.92.
As regards the sdcard try to insert it in a smartphone or to format it,if nothing happens it means that it was a fake sdcard.

Nope, don't do that.

https://github.com/SKGleba/yamt-vita

Install yamt lite, insert the sdtovita with the adapter and reboot. Then go to Vitashell and mount the card there. Check the card contents to see if anything is there. If it is, then you can use a FTP Server program to clone the whole card If there is not, then yes you can format the card.

Edit:

You can then use the menu in Settings->Devices->Storage Devices. There you can mount the sdtovita as "ux0:" reboot and then unlink it using "Unlink Memory Card" on Henkaku settings.

Last edited by raxadian,

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nope, don't do that.

https://github.com/SKGleba/yamt-vita

Install yamt lite, insert the sdtovita with the adapter and reboot. Then go to Vitashell and mount the card there. Check the card contents to see if anything is there. If it is, then you can use a FTP Server program to clone the whole card If there is not, then yes you can format the card.

Edit:

You can then use the menu in Settings->Devices->Storage Devices. There you can mount the sdtovita as "ux0:" reboot and then unlink it using "Unlink Memory Card" on Henkaku settings.

@raxadian ,without hack is impossible install vpk with Vitashell,re read link you have posted,yamt lite require enso and firmware 3.60 or 3.65.
If you failed to hack your Ps Vita with Final HE 1.92,it does not mean that the method is wrong or does not work,for example i installed yamt lite and it bricked my PS Vita and i had to restore system,format internal memory and update to 3.73 and downgrade to 3.65 for get everything back as before the brick with bootloop.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@raxadian , I don't think yamt lite has that option in settings/devices/storage devices, because it doesn't need it. on both my vita and my pstv, the option is not there (no storage devices). I think it's due to the fact that the sd2vita is always ux0 and sony memory card, if there is one, is always uma with yamt lite. yamt full should have the option though, and the ability to change it. you linked to the full version, so I assume that's what you're using.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@raxadian , I don't think yamt lite has that option in settings/devices/storage devices, because it doesn't need it. on both my vita and my pstv, the option is not there (no storage devices). I think it's due to the fact that the sd2vita is always ux0 and sony memory card, if there is one, is always uma with yamt lite. yamt full should have the option though, and the ability to change it. you linked to the full version, so I assume that's what you're using.

@godreborn among other things,to install yamt lite you must first hack the PS Vita both Fat(1000 series),Slim(2000 series)and PSTV,and then you can install any app and plugin.
If the PS Vita has not undergone any change(hack)there is no such setting.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, but there's no such setting with yamt lite to begin with. it's designed to make sd2vita ux0 and sony memory card uma. you can't change them. I think that's why there's no setting.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

The full version has the option to install the lite version. The Apk once installed is an installer for either the little or the full version.

Also

The poster has 3.65 and Enso so is better to use yamt lite.

Edit:

I know, but there's no such setting with yamt lite to begin with. it's designed to make sd2vita ux0 and sony memory card uma. you can't change them. I think that's why there's no setting.

You can change what device to mount as uxO. Unless you are using a very old version.

In my install I have the option to mount SD2vita, the memory card and the internal storage as uxO. And I have the oldest model of Vita, the one with the G3 modem.

Last edited by raxadian,
Reactions: godreborn

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just installed the lite version from @Aurora Wright . the storage devices option is not in either my vita or my pstv, but yamt works perfectly. there's no sd2vita driver in my config.txt, just boot_config.txt.

@godreborn ,when i tried to install yamt full and change the various positions of the Sd2Vita and ux0 memories in the settings,it was at that moment that I bricked my PS Vita Slim 3.65 Enso and i had to restore the system and format the internal memory.
I no longer risk install yamt,because it may conflict with some plugins i have installed and brick again.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@godreborn ,when i tried to install yamt full and change the various positions of the Sd2Vita and ux0 memories in the settings,it was at that moment that I bricked my PS Vita Slim 3.65 Enso and i had to restore the system and format the internal memory.
I no longer risk install yamt,because it may conflict with some plugins i have installed and brick again.

That's why is recommended to just install the lite version. That plugin has to load first and that's it.

Don't blame the program for something you did yourself, that's like blaming a chemistry set for melting your table.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-