Hacking Bought a Used Vita with an SDAdapter Plus 400gb card, now...umm...stuck!

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@kristianity77 ,then you just have to redo the hack with Final HE 1.92.
As regards the sdcard try to insert it in a smartphone or to format it,if nothing happens it means that it was a fake sdcard.

It wasn't a fake sd card it was totally legit I can vouch for that. It wouldn't format in two phones, a Samsung tablet, a pc or a laptop. An sd card checker (hw2test or something like that) confirmed it was legit. It basically just couldn't format. Any changes I made with a partition program would fail. It was like the card was locked totally, without being locked. It would fail to format on all android devices at the 20 percent mark. It was screwed.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It wasn't a fake sd card it was totally legit I can vouch for that. It wouldn't format in two phones, a Samsung tablet, a pc or a laptop. An sd card checker (hw2test or something like that) confirmed it was legit. It basically just couldn't format. Any changes I made with a partition program would fail. It was like the card was locked totally, without being locked. It would fail to format on all android devices at the 20 percent mark. It was screwed.

If you mount it with yamt lite you can format it in the vita. But if that doesn't work then yeah the card is gone.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's why is recommended to just install the lite version. That plugin has to load first and that's it.

Don't blame the program for something you did yourself, that's like blaming a chemistry set for melting your table.

@raxadian sorry but,this is my experience with yamt,i didn't write not to install it or anything,but that i bricked my PS Vita when i tried to configure it and i don't try anymore for fear that the same thing will happen again.

Reactions: duwen

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@raxadian sorry but,this is my experience with yamt,i didn't write not to install it or anything,but that i bricked my PS Vita when i tried to configure it and i don't try anymore for fear that the same thing will happen again.

Okay, that's understandable, sorry that I was rude.

I just find the lite version easy to use, that's it.

The sd card needs to be either formatted in the Vita OR flashed with the zzBlank.img - this is probably why it isn't recognised in other devices.

Yeah, is technically possible to wipe the card with something like sd card formatter or gparted but then all the data will be gone.

That doesn't mean the card can't be damaged, it does happen.

Last edited by raxadian,

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay, that's understandable, sorry that I was rude.

I just find the lite version easy to use, that's it.

Yeah, is technically possible to wipe the card with something like sd card formatter or gparted but then all the data will be gone.

That doesn't mean the card can't be damaged, it does happen.

@raxadian don't worry,we are here to discuss peacefully and help each other,some misunderstanding can happen.

The sd card needs to be either formatted in the Vita OR flashed with the zzBlank.img - this is probably why it isn't recognised in other devices.

@duwen ,i used zzblank.img for to be recognized by Sd2Vita,when i bricked the PS Vita i inserted it into my Galaxy Note 9 to see is damaged and it was recognized quietly,there were all the folders created by the PS Vita,despite using zzblank.img.

@kristianity77 i have same question:
1)now sdcard is empty or full?
2)have you tried copy something on sdcard?
3)you have checked that the sdcard isn't write protected?

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In that case either gparted on Linux or sd card fornatter in Windows can wipe the card and format it.

Older phones format any card, newer phones unfortunately get as picky as Windows does.

@raxadian sorry but,older smartphones supported max 16 or 32GB sdcard.
In the last 5~6 years they started to support 128,256 and 512GB sdcard so it's hard for them to be picky unless the sdcard is poor quality or fake!

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@raxadian don't worry,we are here to discuss peacefully and help each other,some misunderstanding can happen.

@duwen ,i used zzblank.img for to be recognized by Sd2Vita,when i bricked the PS Vita i inserted it into my Galaxy Note 9 to see is damaged and it was recognized quietly,there were all the folders created by the PS Vita,despite using zzblank.img.

@kristianity77 i have same question:
1)now sdcard is empty or full?
2)have you tried copy something on sdcard?
3)you have checked that the sdcard isn't write protected?

The card was 100 percent faulty.

Micro sd cards to my knowledge can't be write protected. The card reader wasnt write protected.

It was flat out ruined.

My pc wouldn't mount it. I could use a command prompt and assign it a drive letter but all it would say was the card was corrupt and needed formatting and that would fail.

Using 2 different partition programs it recognised the sd card but whatever I tried to do, showed as successful but never actually did anything to the card. The card always showed as 11 percent full of "nothing" no matter if I deleted partitions, created new ones, and everything in between. The status of the card never changed.

In my phone, in a tablet, in a laptop and in a switch, it would fail the format at 20%.

A sd card checker showed the card as legit (I knew it was anyway).

I couldn't write zzblank.img to it or whatever it was called it just failed.

I've gotten lucky to be fair, never ever had a card fail on me.

Anyway, bought a new 256gb card and worked first time. I just followed the guide from vitahacks for firmware 3.65 and was up and running in about half hour

Last edited by kristianity77,

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The card was 100 percent faulty.

Micro sd cards to my knowledge can't be write protected. The card reader wasnt write protected.

It was flat out ruined.

My pc wouldn't mount it. I could use a command prompt and assign it a drive letter but all it would say was the card was corrupt and needed formatting and that would fail.

Using 2 different partition programs it recognised the sd card but whatever I tried to do, showed as successful but never actually did anything to the card. The card always showed as 11 percent full of "nothing" no matter if I deleted partitions, created new ones, and everything in between. The status of the card never changed.

In my phone, in a tablet, in a laptop and in a switch, it would fail the format at 20%.

A sd card checker showed the card as legit (I knew it was anyway).

I couldn't write zzblank.img to it or whatever it was called it just failed.

I've gotten lucky to be fair, never ever had a card fail on me.

Anyway, bought a new 256gb card and worked first time. I just followed the guide from vitahacks for firmware 3.65 and was up and running in about half hour

@kristianity77 ,i can ask you a question:what brand was the old 400GB sdcard and what brand is the new 256GB?
However in my opinion,even if the programs detected it as original, it was bogus, because with zzblank.img i even formatted a USB pendrive and i never had any problems and has never failed.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Micro sd cards to my knowledge can't be write protected.

Yes they can, it usually happens when the data gets even slightly corrupted. Best case? Data can be read and copied but you can't write on it. Worst case? You lose everything and not even formatting in "Full" mode will let you use the card again.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes they can, it usually happens when the data gets even slightly corrupted. Best case? Data can be read and copied but you can't write on it. Worst case? You lose everything and not even formatting in "Full" mode will let you use the card again.

Sorry @raxadian ,however, if the data gets damaged, when you insert it into your pc it asks you to format it or correct errors,in your smartphone to format it directly.
It seems strange to me that if the sdcard was not fake, it did not stop formatting or that it was 11% full and you could not copy or transfer data,it seems to be incompatible.
I use 2 OS Windows 10 Home 64bit(Notebook)& Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit(Pc)and Android 10(Samsung Galaxy)and these are the results i get both with sdcard and with usb pendrive.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
How to remove read only from a micro sd card .

REMEMBER TO BACKUP THE CARD FIRST IF POSSIBLE!

Using CMD on Windows, must be run as administrator.

Step 1: Plug the read only micro SD card into Windows.

Step 2: Click "Start" > "Run" and enter cmd.

Step 3: Enter diskpart.

Step 4: Type list volume. Now you'll see all your connected drives, see which one is the memory card drive.

Step 5: Type select volume #. # represents the letter of your memory card drive.

Step 6: Type attributes disk clear readonly > removing the write protection.

Copy all the commands here:

diskpart

list volume

select volume #

attributes disk clear readonly

Second method, SD card formatter:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

Pick extfat for the card and make sure you have time to waste and use the "Full format" note that will erase everything inside the card so backup first if possible.

Third method, use rufus:

https://rufus.ie/en_IE.html

Download the portable version. Make sure to uncheck quick fornat and to check "Check device for bad blocks"

Don't give the card a label.

Pick exfat due to the size of your card.

Pick MBR.

Format the card, it wil take a while.

Last edited by raxadian,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...