Hacking Bought a switch today and SX pro just arrived , what i should do next ?

Worek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys , just bought a switch and SX pro just arrived . What i should do first ?

NANDbackup ? , i have firmware 3.0 , and i want to update to 5.1 , should i do it throught official update or no burning fusess method ?

I dont care about online ban , never play online

Thanks for any help !

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Take a backup! The method of not burning fuses is quite a bit of work but it's nice to be able to downgrade if there's something new released at some point that requires a lower firmware (A softmod or maybe even coldboot) Official update has no advantage other than being a lot easier so it's up to you.

Reactions: Worek

medi01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is the reason to update to 5.1 from 3.0 (which games)?
Did SX OS stop burning fuses on "safely" upgraded consoles?

Worek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So will it be right order of steps to follow ?

1. Make a nandbackup
2. Update to 5.1 with no burnfusses method
3. go online for a first time and download pokemon quest for devmenu ( cuz i really want nsp's for eshop games and updates)
4.wipe out wireless setings, go offline
5.load up SX os for a First time

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is the burnless method proven to be safe for online?

Personally, I would just normal update to 5.1 and download pokequest, then do a nand backup.

After that, clear your wifi settings, go into airplane mode and let the games come! Never go online until more safe solutions come, because if you do it your clean nand will be useless.

Even tho 3.0 will have a coldboot solution sometime in the future, with SX Pro (jig + dongle) and optional auto rcm you're never going to run on trouble making SX work. I have SX OS only and auto rcm enabled, so it's easy peasy to boot.

TL;DR: I don't think 3.0 is worth to keep at this moment just for coldboot, because your have SX Pro. Just update the normal way which is easier and safer.

Last edited by lukhart,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you tell me where is the tutorial for the "no burnfusses method"? Thanks
You can follow this guide to update a system without burning any efuses, preserving a downgrade path. However, it requires installing AutoRCM.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

Personally, I would just normal update to 5.1 and download pokequest, then do a nand backup.

After that, clear your wifi settings, go into airplane mode and let the games come! Never go online until more safe solutions come, because if you do it your clean nand will be useless.

Even tho 3.0 will have a coldboot solution sometime in the future, with SX Pro (jig + dongle) and optional auto rcm you're never going to run on trouble making SX work. I have SX OS only and auto rcm enabled, so it's easy peasy to boot.
So far, nobody has been banned for only updating using the above guide. That doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

Last edited by Lacius,

Worek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

TL;DR: I don't think 3.0 is worth to keep at this moment just for coldboot, because your have SX Pro. Just update the normal way which is easier and safer.

Thanks , i go this way then ;) noburning fuses method is a lots of work and quite confusing

Last edited by Worek,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So will it be right order of steps to follow ?

1. Make a nandbackup
3. go online for a first time and download pokemon quest for devmenu ( cuz i really want nsp's for eshop games and updates)
5.load up SX os for a First time

1. Make a nandbackup
5.make another nand backup
6.load up SX os for a First time

THIS IS WHAT IM DOING RIGHT NOW

Chizko

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
desactivate "share error" to Nintendo in the Switch
put SX OS (boot.dat) and CTCaer 3.1.bin in the SD
use the SX Loader (dongle)
Launch CTCaer/hekate 3.1 (in options, launch external payload)
Do a Nandbackup and boot0 and boot1 backup
Put the files in your computer
put your roms in the SD
Launch and activate SX OS for fisrt time.

Cdoan34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received my switch today on firmware 4.1 and i was wondering if the recommendations to update to 5.1 stand with the news of switches where the fusee-gelee is patched.

Additionally I attempted to link my account to download Pokemon quest but it is requiring me to update in order to do so, would you guys think this is safe to do as my switch is not patched?

Thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received my switch today on firmware 4.1 and i was wondering if the recommendations to update to 5.1 stand with the news of switches where the fusee-gelee is patched.

Additionally I attempted to link my account to download Pokemon quest but it is requiring me to update in order to do so, would you guys think this is safe to do as my switch is not patched?

Thanks!
Only update to 5.1 if you don't want to use a jig and USB cable to load hacks for a long time. 4.1 and below have unreleased exploits that can load hacks via a webpage. This exploit has not been patched out fully in 5.X which may delay its eventual release.

Account bans are rare but a pain to un-link if the console is banned which can happen if you connect the Switch online after making a modification that violates Nintendo's Terms of Service. If you must use a Nintendo Account, its better to use one that does not contain your important purchases.

medi01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I would suggest to check if your switch is FG vulnerable or not.
If it is, the only thing you lose by (directly) updating to 5.1 is, perhaps, option of cold booting CFW without inserting anything into USB slot.
If it isn't, then... mm, you'll need to wait for HEN type exploits which might take quite a long time, given how long it takes to crack even SX OS.
(frankly, I'd personally return the switch and tried to get older, vulnerable HW, there should be plenty)

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Thanks!
If I may ask, what modelnumber is on the back (HAC-01-ZZZZZZZZ) and give a couple of the first serialnumbers, not all of it, remove like the 4 last.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU