Hacking Bought a switch today and SX pro just arrived , what i should do next ?

Cdoan34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest to check if your switch is FG vulnerable or not.
If it is, the only thing you lose by (directly) updating to 5.1 is, perhaps, option of cold booting CFW without inserting anything into USB slot.
If it isn't, then... mm, you'll need to wait for HEN type exploits which might take quite a long time, given how long it takes to crack even SX OS.
(frankly, I'd personally return the switch and tried to get older, vulnerable HW, there should be plenty)

Thanks for this, i did try sending a payload to pull my BIS Keys and that worked so I think that means its FG vulnerable. Is there any downside to staying stock and not linking my switch at all? I have been seeing that one of the exploits needs Pokemon Quest so i was going to try and download that before i NAND backup.

If I may ask, what modelnumber is on the back (HAC-01-ZZZZZZZZ) and give a couple of the first serialnumbers, not all of it, remove like the 4 last.

mine is MOD. HAC-001 unless you are looking fore HAC-SX-UXA-C1. I bought it from Frys using google express on 7/7 (located in California)

medi01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for this, i did try sending a payload to pull my BIS Keys and that worked so I think that means its FG vulnerable.

It definitely is, congrats.

Is there any downside to staying stock and not linking my switch at all? I have been seeing that one of the exploits needs Pokemon Quest so i was going to try and download that before i NAND backup.
I'm at it myself, from what I read dev menu also starts "over" first bayonetta xci.

It is a 9Gb file, however, so, only works from exfat, which isn't supported by 3.0.2 on which I am.
Still messing with "upgrade without burning fuses" crap (and author of the thread isn't particularly friendly type =/)

Tigro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Could someone point me to some guide on how to backup your Switch's NAND? I see it mentioned in this topic again and again like it's a routine procedure but I can't find a clear-cut guide for this :/

Reactions: Osmiza

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest to check if your switch is FG vulnerable or not.
If it is, the only thing you lose by (directly) updating to 5.1 is, perhaps, option of cold booting CFW without inserting anything into USB slot.
If it isn't, then... mm, you'll need to wait for HEN type exploits which might take quite a long time, given how long it takes to crack even SX OS.
(frankly, I'd personally return the switch and tried to get older, vulnerable HW, there should be plenty)
How do you check that a switch is FG vulnerable?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really a guide tho for the one who doesn't know anyhing about Hekate :(
Fine, here's a guide that details it a little more clearly. Note: this guide is somewhat outdated so when you see download links for Hekate, use the one I linked you to instead since that Hekate is more up to date.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-hacking-101-how-to-launch-the-homebrew-menu-on-all-fw.504012/

I just got an SX pro also. Is there any downside to creating a nand backup using this method? As in, is it invasive enough to leave some kind of trace that could cause issues in the future, either from eshop banning or similar?
A good enough tool can do a NAND backup leaving as little trace as possible. All you're really doing is copying the files onto the SD card. Think of it as dumping your cartridge. And one use that some people may resort to is using a NAND backup made prior to using any hacks and going online with it. At that point, the only ban risk you would have accumulated from that NAND dump is by running Hekate and dumping the NAND. Far safer than everything else that is possible but possibly not foolproof.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning