[Solved] BOTW voice packs after eShop shutdown

aleislost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello! I have BOTW 1.5.0 installed on my Wii U, thing is, I want to change the voice language since the Spanish version has some mistranslations
The problem is the option to change voice languages is unavailable because of the eShop shutdown, so there is no way to install it through there
However, the voice packs supposedly act as DLCs, so is there really any way to download the 800~MB language which includes every language there? My Wii U is modded so anything is possible.

Hope somebody has an answer to this cuz i'm growing more tired every second I hear "Hyrule" pronounced as "IH-ROO-LEH"
Thanks in advance! :)

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand what these voice packs are.... Are they mods? Are they official dlc?

Either way I would say they must be available elsewhere, surely NUSPLII would have access to them if official and if not then you would need to either use sdcafiine for on the fly patching or ftp the packs into your installed copy.

aleislost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
the zelda wiki says it is a DLC, i've seen elsewhere that it is an unique ~800MB file with a bunch of languages bundled together, this seemingly doesn't affect just the voices but the text ingame, as I changed the console language to english and the game is still in spanish, even in a fresh save!!

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The game has a language selection option on the configurations menu.
You should be able to download the language pack from NUSspli, and select another one on the game itself. No need to change the console language or create new saves.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it's dlc then try NUSPLII which will install it direct to your console or wii u downloader which is a pc app and will provide you with an installable package with wup installer gx2.

aleislost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The game has a language selection option on the configurations menu.
You should be able to download the language pack from NUSspli, and select another one on the game itself. No need to change the console language or create new saves.
I have the DLC downloaded from NUSSpli, and still, i cannot change the language
Post automatically merged:

And yes, indeed the DLCs works, I have the Master Trials available to access and other stuff too

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't have my Wii U at hand anymore, but if I recall correctly, you can only have one language file installed.
If you have duplicates, uninstall them and just leave the one you want to use.

Also, check if you have the DLC matching your game region. Unlike Switch games, BotW is dependant on regions as all Wii U games are, so no EUR DLC will work with US game and viceversa.

aleislost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So, should I change the console language so the download has to match, reinstall the DLCs and then try again?

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, should I change the console language so the download has to match, reinstall the DLCs and then try again?
No, the console language has nothing to do.
First of all, you're in Venezuela, so if your game is in disk format it should be US since it's imported. If not, verify from the source where you download the game. Next, you should uninstall your DLC and download the one that matches that same region:

US game = US DLC
EUR game = EUR DLC
JPN game = JPN DLC

Verify that you're using the latest NUSspli and on the download list you should see a flag indicating the region of the content you're about to download. Download the matching one for your game.

aleislost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So i tested it and it didn't work, i reinstalled the DLC and the option to change the language still took me to the eShop

I found out you can select versions for the things you download at NUSSpli tho. Maybe if i download both the update and DLC files that match (v32 for the DLC, v80 for the update) the game will read it correctly?

Last edited by aleislost,

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So i tested it and it didn't work, i reinstalled the DLC and the option to change the language still took me to the eShop

I found out you can select versions for the things you download at NUSSpli tho. Maybe if i download both the update and DLC files that match (v32 for the DLC, v80 for the update) the game will read it correctly?
You should always download the latest version ideally. Dunno how it would affect the DLC loading tbh.

aleislost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I will try at night when my internet isn't so numbingly slow.
I could uninstall and reinstall all the game if necessary, I already made backups of my save data. Though I will leave that savage approach if everything else fails; I reckon that if the game became locked in spanish it could do the same for english, which is way more optimal for me

well, the results were not great. I deleted and tried to install both the versions of the update and voice DLC, nothing happened, still wanted to take me to the eShop.
I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling everything, and it is still in spanish :/

So, any more ideas? i'm down for injecting the files myself with ftp if somebody knows where they should go at, or if you could redirect me to a mod, whateva, i just want my game in english

aleislost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I solved it!! For some reason..

So, for anyone with this exact problem trying to put other voice language on BOTW after the eShop closed, my process went a little bit like this:

- You have to install ONLY the base game and updates, until the game on boot tells you that you need to install the updated DLC, wanting to take you to the eShop
- on NUSSpli, install all the DLC content for BOTW
- Open the game again, if on boot the main menu the game shows you the contents for the DLC, you now should be able to go into options and change the voice language!

For step 1, you can install version "0" or "16" on NUSSpli by selecting the change version option, opening the game and seeing if it prompts to update the DLC, that's what worked for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hopefully your not like south of Tampa they got flooding