Borderlands 2 Updates Hit

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Rydian, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Rydian
    OP

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    [​IMG]

Yes, updates, plural. The level/cap update has two parts.​

• The free update increases Eridium capacity to 500, and adds more ammo, backpack, and bank upgrades to the black market. There's also "Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode", which is the third playthrough, which greatly increases difficulty, skips the starter tutorial missions, and can have it's progress individually reset from the menu (opposed to starting a new character for further plays).

• The paid update is $5/400MSP (free for pass owners as pokefloot says below), and that's what adds the raised level cap (up to 61, complete with 11 more skill points), and a new class of "Ancient" e-tech weapons.
    In "Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode", enemy levels scale to yours, or the highest of the party, so the cap increase is not needed to play it.

[​IMG] Source

2. pokefloote

pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

Mar 20, 2009
    United States
    Should add that it's free to season pass holders. :3

edit: the paid part of the update, I mean.

3. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    I never did understand the need for Etech weapons. I've never used them. They seem pointless and weak to be honest.

But still. I already spent 100 eridium on buying ammo for my rocket launcher and ammo for my SMG. Definitely weird with them being pink.

4. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    *sigh gearbox reset all my playthroughs of all my characters and several of my friends too. I can still enter valt hunter mode. But to get the 3rd play through, I'll have to complete the 1st playthrough and second on each character over again. Because of this I'm considering trading the game in. It's not fair at all. We never once cheated or used sav file edits like others out there have.

5. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    T
    Then why did they reset it? How do you know it wasn't just a little bug or glitch. What platform?

6. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    yay level cap increaseeee :D

7. chartube12

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    The xbox 360. First time I have ever gotten a "reset" done to me. My xblive friends have had "resets" done on Gears of Wars 3, dead island and the first borderlands. Support never really helped them at all. Been told we gained the system on borderlands 2 because we played it for over 200 hours in just under 4 months of it's release. Can we help that we got really good at working together and were mostly jobless at the time?

8. pokefloote

pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

Mar 20, 2009
    United States
    What is it, cloud saving? That's kind of bullshit that that was done to you, man. People can play for as long as they want.

At least on my Steam version I can back up my saves. :P

9. chartube12

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    I have yet to use cloud saving. The weird thing is, I still have all my cash, special cash, weapons, relics ect and my levels are still at 50. I just have to redo the story and side missions. Even my badass points are still intact.

10. Rydian
    OP

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    I've never heard of a game company resetting your private saves. Ever.

E-tech weapons can be powerful if you find the right varieties.

But most of them use double ammo, so I don't bother.

11. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    its a great game. getting any updates for a good price would be a great deal.

12. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Tried to play last night with my friends and LIVE was being a bitch. I pay for this shiz, Microsoft. Cum on.

13. purplesludge

purplesludge anyone have any ideas for this space

Mar 2, 2009
    United States
    wv
    What's the point of the eridium increase? Does it do something else other than upgrade ammo capacity?

14. Rydian
    OP

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Yeah, it costs eridium to fight the extra/raid bosses.

15. Narayan

Narayan desu~

Sep 29, 2010
    More ammo and backpack slots are nice. I don't really need the third playthrough coz I haven't even finished the second.

16. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    Canada
    A cold cold place
    UVH mode is a fair bit toughter then TVH mode, looking forward to getting some better gear though, I haven't found a purple grenade mod.