OP
Trophies
Website
shootingstar-rockman.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it rewritable?

I've recently got my iEvo last week and was wondering what I should do. I own every model of the DS, but the only model that's in English is my Model 1 DS. The Lite, DSi, and DSi LL (XL) are Japanese. I was thinking about just getting it booted up to see how it is. But want to know if I can flash the Japanese Bootstrap later when it's released.

Thanks in Advance.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It should be reflashable (though I'd say to hold off testing it until someone that actually has some definite knowledge comes around)...since from what I know, the iEvo enters flashing mode whenever there isn't a microSD inserted on startup and then starts flashing once you slide in the microSD. I don't really think it cares what it's flashing, so if it were a dud file, it would probably just flash it anyways.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
From iEvolution preliminary documentation and downloads :

Evolution said:
QUOTE said:
I know there isn't cook coach Japanese version, so I'd like to flash my ievo using USA bootstrap (that's fine as I use DSLite...), but after flashing, can I reflash it using Japanese bootstrap?
As the DSLite part is not region protected, yes, you can flash iEVO using the USA bootstrap and still use it in DSLite mode.

There is no limit to the number of times iEVO can be flashed, so yes you will be able to re-flash it later when a Japanese bootstrap becomes available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1