Not open for further replies.

A252

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
bootmii is getting fixed in SM 4.1 out tomorrow
The Team Twiizers have good contacts with Ninty, yeah!!!

Nintendo fails one more time
biggrin.gif

dogeggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
its not true - there is no 4.1 coming, marcan was joking like that other guy was joking about bannerbomb

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In case you guys didn't know this was a joke, although Marcan did actually say that he said it as a joke. And then someone said something like "Lol we should post this on GbaTemp" and everyone just said "Yah!".

This joke was just taking advantage of the fact that Crediar also announced bootmii would come today. So some people would believe it and other would just laugh.

Mr.Leb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lol'd. Bootmii would be nice, but it's not that necessary if you have menu 4.0 with preloader. It's much better, but still not absolutely necessary. We're just going to have to be patient. :S

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Leb said:
I lol'd. Bootmii would be nice, but it's not that necessary if you have menu 4.0 with preloader. It's much better, but still not absolutely necessary. We're just going to have to be patient. :S

After being on #bannerbomb since I woke up, that's the smartest thing I've heard all day.

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me, but I really dont understand what all the fuss about bootmii is anyways. I mean its not really adding any kind of functionality, is it? Its pretty much like a pretty version of preloader, correct?

Big deal, or at least its not to me. I really dont have a problem with booting to system menu, and then deciding what I want to do from there.

Oh well, to each their own I suppose.

fukseliten

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Bootmii takes control of the wii and boots into a USERMADE enviroment . That is the big deal about bootmii . The fact that you can make your own programs in a totally usermade enviroment ,and hence not use any nintendo copyright code.This has been a dream for the developers for a long time , but you will still use hbc the normal way to boot apps with bootmii .

Preloader is a boot tweaker . it patches nintendo code . In bootmii there will be no nintendo code . Big difference.

users who just want free games and wiiware will not have any use for bootmii at all

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
fukseliten said:
Bootmii takes control of the wii and boots into a USERMADE enviroment . That is the big deal about bootmii . The fact that you can make your own programs in a totally usermade enviroment ,and hence not use any nintendo copyright code.This has been a dream for the developers for a long time , but you will still use hbc the normal way to boot apps with bootmii .

Preloader is a boot tweaker . it patches nintendo code . In bootmii there will be no nintendo code . Big difference.

users who just want free games and wiiware will not have any use for bootmii at all

why wouldn't bootmii be useful for us pirates? First, it's a tool that can help you fix even some seriously messed up bricks, that alone makes it a must for everyone, second since bootmii is a completely different platform/environment from the Nintendo environment programmers and hackers have been working with until now the possibility of a new application to be made similar to USB Loader which could run WiiWare and maybe even Cube games off a HDD in that environment is there.

So I think we could all benefit from bootmii pirates or homebrew fans.
I don't hide that I'm a pirate, everyone pirates in my country so I got no reason to beat around to bush and pretend I don't support piracy, so that's why I say give us bootmii, have smart people learn to take full advantage of its environment and make it so we can play WiiWare and Cube games off a HDD or an SD Card for real and not like that fake Nintendo BS where it just copies the games to your system memory.

fukseliten

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
sure , you can make piracy apps within bootmii , but bootmii in itself is not a useful tool if you just want wiiware or free games ,since that is already available.

Im not bashing bootmii at all , it will be great to finally see a fully usermade enviroment on a console . This has been the wet dream for many devs in many scenes for years . The last console that saw plans of a usermade enviroment go down the drain was Mathieulh´s Utopia project for the psp . It just never came to anything . When bootmii is released it will be the first fully usermade enviroment made on a commercial console . Maybe the xbox 1 had one too if I remember correctly , but either way , bootmii will be the envy of developers in all ages and twiizers will go down in console history:)

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope bootmii will come with something that will directly load a specific dol from sd directly after booting.
I want my Wii to directly boot the usbloader, so no system menu or hbc accessible.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
gitkua said:
^^ That's already possible with Preloader though...

Yeah I know, that's my current setup. I'm using Crazy Intro as preloader's autoboot and through that I let it boot a USB forwarder channel that will boot the loader. I know I could also just install the loader's dol itself as autoboot, but I really prefer a solution that does not involve updating the nand every time with each new loader release.

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
fukseliten said:
sure , you can make piracy apps within bootmii , but bootmii in itself is not a useful tool if you just want wiiware or free games ,since that is already available.

Im not bashing bootmii at all , it will be great to finally see a fully usermade enviroment on a console . This has been the wet dream for many devs in many scenes for years . The last console that saw plans of a usermade enviroment go down the drain was Mathieulh´s Utopia project for the psp . It just never came to anything . When bootmii is released it will be the first fully usermade enviroment made on a commercial console . Maybe the xbox 1 had one too if I remember correctly , but either way , bootmii will be the envy of developers in all ages and twiizers will go down in console history:)

I use my old Xbox a lot, been using it pretty much nonstop since 2003 or so and I'm pretty sure Evox and those other custom dashboards, XBMC and everything are like Bootmii, completely usermade environments that don't have much or anything to do with MS's environment.
Again, I could be wrong on this, but that's what they look like to me.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you could say this Bootmii application....

145213__csi_l.jpg

Doesn't fit the boot today.
93414__david_l.jpg

YEEEAAAAHHH

csi%20miami%20skyline.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, LOL. Its very sunny, what are you on about?