Hacking Bootmii not showing ?

Rise

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All
I picked up a wii a few weeks back, followed this ( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890 ) guide to install HBC, preloader and patched ios36. I misread the instructions on backing up the NAND, thinking i needed a GC controller to navigate the menu.
Well I`ve re read it, and now i want to back up my nand but i can`t seem to find were i launch BootMii. When i press the "home" button on the wii mote, i dont get the option the launch BootMii in HBC ?
Bootmii was installed as an IOS btw
Any one care to enlighten me
wacko.gif

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
First of all - you need a GC controller navigate the menu (when installed as IOS)
Regarding HBC/Bootmii lauch problem - which version do u have ?

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
supagusti said:
First of all - you need a GC controller navigate the menu (when installed as IOS)

Not in beta3+.

Try reinstalling HBC using HackMii installer. If this doesn't change anything reinstall BootMii as well.

Rise

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have system 4.0e , HBC 1.0.3, and used hackmii v3 when i installed the home brew channel.

Taken from the above guide

QUOTE said:
A GameCube controller if you had to install BootMii as IOS (no longer required for BootMiiv3, but for anyone using v2 I'll leave this here)

You will need a GameCube controller to use this screen if you installed as IOS (BootMii v2 or lower). If you installed as boot2 or BootMii v3 or greater, you can use the buttons on your Wii (power = move, reset = select, and eject = eject) to navigate.

I read it as needed one the first time, but its says i dont need one when using v3.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
No need of a GC controller when backing up your Nand with BootMii v0.3 even installed as IOS, you can navigate using the front buttons... you will need a GC controller when restoring....

and maybe something failed when you installed it or maybe you take out your sd card when try to run BootMii from HBC or you deleted the bootmii folder from sd card?? This can be reasons why it is not showing up...

ca_michelbach

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm assuming you've installed it on boot2 and if you cant access it it's probably because your sd card isn't in

EDIT: 100th post!...I feel like my wiener just got a bit bigger

Rise

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I`m positive its installed as an IOS

But i dont have any Bootmii folder on my SD card ?

I backed up my sd card when i was finished installing bannerbomb/hackmii the first time, but dont have any bootmii folder in there either
frown.gif

Is it possible to recreate or restore the bootmii folder again, or am i lost ?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Rise said:
I`m positive its installed as an IOS

But i dont have any Bootmii folder on my SD card ?

I backed up my sd card when i was finished installing bannerbomb/hackmii the first time, but dont have any bootmii folder in there either
frown.gif

Is it possible to recreate or restore the bootmii folder again, or am i lost ?

IF you had it installed, there must be a folder on your sd card. So go and run the hackmii installer again, check if bootmii can be installed as boot2 this would be the best...

Rise

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry this wii homebrew is still pretty new to me...
I have HBC installed, and i I`ve been launching backups through neogamma on the SD card, and thats all working fine.

Should i run the hackmii installer via HBC ? if so how should the file structure be on the SD using hackmii v3 (right now i have an apps folder with the the neogamma launcher in)

Or should i run the first step again in the above guide i linked to ? ie launching the hackmii installer from the data management menu under the Wii system menu.

thanks

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just make a new folder under apps and put the boot.elf file in there.

On a side note, I don't think you need the bootmii files on your sd if you have it installed as ios. The bootmii files are only for autoboot purposes.

Deeptrap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i installed HBc 1.06 but didnt use the option to install bootmii as boot 2 i do have priiloader installed.

i now want to backup my NAND because i got some read errors on the wii menu.
and want to see how bad my nand is.

just run HBC again and install bootmii as boot2 ? will this affect priiloader

tnx

Deeptrap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
worked,

renamed boot.elf from the hhbc to boot.dol , started in HBC aqnd installed Bootmii

backupped my nand. (15 bad blocks)

strangest thing is that my wii just starterd a week ago with, error files are corrupted,
this happends 9 of 10 times, i was lucky i could started once and quick installed priloader.
now i have my full backup, is there a good way to fix the error files are corrupted ? or is this the work of bad blocks (readed somewhere here that it is only a prob with your nand if you got CRC errors

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?