Hacking Bootmii IOS front buttons fix?

jackdanielchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, well let me say this again, I DO NOT have GC Controllers, and all I want to know is that if someone can help me with the IOS front button bugs... All I've have learnt is that you can access BootMii with preloader, and that's it no help to me what so ever...

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jackdanielchan said:
Okay, well let me say this again, I DO NOT have GC Controllers, and all I want to know is that if someone can help me with the IOS front button bugs... All I've have learnt is that you can access BootMii with preloader, and that's it no help to me what so ever...

Unfortunately there is NO FIX yet. But I think the next release will have fixed it.
Currently it is not possible to navigate Bootmii without a GC Pad when installed as IOS.

If you really want to make a Nand backup now, you need to borrow / buy a gc controller or it won't work.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
madtamski said:
So wait...

What I've got from this thread is this:

1. If you can only install BootMii to run from an IOS....
2. You can still use it as a backup restore option for you wii as long as it's not bricked? Yes and in case the system files are not fucked up by the brick and you can access HBC via Preloader you´re fine when its bricked too.

i.e. I have 3.2 and take a nand backup (not as Boot2) then installed 4.1 and take another NAND backup (once I re-hack of course), then I could then replace the new NAND backup (4.1) with the 3.2 ver on the SD card and get back 3.2 by restoring using this IOS installed version? Yes, you can do so if you want.

If yes, then that's still cool and the only risk you'll have is a power out during the restore? Yes.

Nice quick way to jump between wii firmware versions IMO You should only use the restore option if you absolutely must, playing around with it is not good...

That sounds ok to me, let's face it guys, if when installing most other hacks out there the power does do out we'd be bricked anyway. Oh well, yes...

Alchemist07

Trophies
XP
Country
So from what i understand:

you can use preloader to access your bootmii(ios) and restore your nand (ONLY if you have a GC controller), with the only risk being a power outage/unplug.

I want to know:

whats the difference in power outage wheen using a boot2 bootmii? - its considered safe

and a power outage when using ios bootmii? - everyone thinks its too dangerous

what actually happens to the wii?

------

does anyone actually have experience of this or are people just misinterpreting the official guidelines?

This post is useful though...theres a lot of conflicting info on the forums maybe there should be sticky to clarify this issue (i.e. bootmii as an IOS not being useless when you can access it via preloader)

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jesus people, learn to read. I'll try and clear this up because, I've researched it extensively, since I have a Bootmii as IOS only Wii.

What does Bootmii do? Backs up and restores NAND. That is all it does. If it was not possible to restore the NAND with Bootmii as IOS, Team Twizzlers would have never released it. What would be the point?

There are videos of it being done and lots of people saying 'yes i have restored NAND with bootmii as IOS and all is well'.

Yes it is riskier to attempt a restore with Bootmii as IOS. If your NAND backup is corrupted, or the power cuts out, it's a full brick because you will not be able to run Bootmii IOS a second time to try it again. Of course, even if you have Bootmii as boot2 and your only NAND backup is corrupted (for whatever reason) you are mostly screwed as well so ...

Some say you should try every available way to fix your Wii first before restoring the NAND with bootmii as IOS. I agree, as long as you know what you are doing. If your 'fix' screws up preloader, you won't be able to load bootmii to attempt a restore when other methods fail.

So, in short ... yes you can restore your NAND with bootmii as IOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.