Hacking Bootmii install - freezes at Scam screen

nobody2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install bootmii. I'm running 3.2U.

I tried running the installer (renamed boot.elf) in the HBC. I get to the Warning screen about not purchasing or selling homebrew and it says press 1 to continue (hackmii). My wiimote is NOT lit, and nothing works. I am stuck here.

I tried again running it from the preloader (0.29). Same thing, only the wiimote IS lit.

I unplugged ALL USB, GC controllers, GC mem cards, and in the preloader one, I even took out the SD card. The only thing hooked into my wii is the power and the video out.

What is going on???

nobody2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you susan boyle....not only are you a gem to look at, a gem to hear, but you are also a gem at hackmii related software!

nobody2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shit....now I installed it, but at the launch menu, my wiimote doesn't work...only my GC controller, even when it's unplugged the wiimote won't work.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bootmii never had wiimote support to begin with and probably won't for a while. You HAVE to use a GC controller or the face buttons on the system.

nobody2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohhh ok...thanks.

I wish they had better documentation. I usually do about a day's worth of research and plan step-by-step how I'm gonna install something, and back out if needed. I felt like this time I was flying by the seat of my pants.

Thanks everyone!

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nobody2000 said:
ohhh ok...thanks.

I wish they had better documentation. I usually do about a day's worth of research and plan step-by-step how I'm gonna install something, and back out if needed. I felt like this time I was flying by the seat of my pants.

Thanks everyone!
You do know that you can take the BootMii files off of the SD card and let it autoboot to the Wii Menu, right?

Gargravarr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nobody2000 said:
Thank you susan boyle....not only are you a gem to look at, a gem to hear, but you are also a gem at hackmii related software!
So, what did you do? My wiimote is still not recognized at the installer screen, and I have no GC controller.
frown.gif

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gargravarr said:
nobody2000 said:
So, what did you do? My wiimote is still not recognized at the installer screen, and I have no GC controller.
frown.gif
Do you have someone to lend one from?

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You probably have Cioscorps installed, right ?

QUOTE said:
you will have to install a non cios'ed ios36 when a new version of bootmii comes along to install it then reinstall cios36 from the cioscorp package after installing the new bootmii or hbc or dvdx.

gamersclub

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
danspage.tk
XP
Country
Canada
"So, what did you do? My wiimote is still not recognized at the installer screen, and I have no GC controller."
Here (in Canada) at superstore they are $10. A friend could lend you one because you only need it one time for installing and can update HBC through the HBC with a wiimote
smile.gif
. I'm sure a friend wouldn't mind lending you one for a day. Here I would if I knew you and lived nearby =D. Hope you find one!
Edit: Not linking to it is not against the rules right? Just mentioning it like backup loader isos or usb loader issues. I'm happy to remove it if I am requested. Just let me know and A.S.A.P. I'll remove it.

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From the BootMii FAQ:
Code:
My WiiMote froze up in the installer and I can't continue!

This may happen if you've never used the red sync button to sync your Wii. Try exiting back out to the main Wii menu, sync your WiiMote, then try again. Also, try a GameCube controller if you have one.

You can also use the face buttons of the Wii to navigate. (This may be just for post-install, I'm not sure)

Power = changes selection
Reset = choose selection

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Midnightzak said:
From the BootMii FAQ:
Code:
My WiiMote froze up in the installer and I can't continue!

This may happen if you've never used the red sync button to sync your Wii. Try exiting back out to the main Wii menu, sync your WiiMote, then try again. Also, try a GameCube controller if you have one.

You can also use the face buttons of the Wii to navigate. (This may be just for post-install, I'm not sure)

Power = changes selection
Reset = choose selection

Yes, but only after installation, not before !

But please answer my question: Do you have Cioscorp (MiiWii, SoftMii) installed ??

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gamersclub said:
"So, what did you do? My wiimote is still not recognized at the installer screen, and I have no GC controller."
Here (in Canada) at superstore they are $10. A friend could lend you one because you only need it one time for installing and can update HBC through the HBC with a wiimote
smile.gif
. I'm sure a friend wouldn't mind lending you one for a day. Here I would if I knew you and lived nearby =D. Hope you find one!
Edit: Not linking to it is not against the rules right? Just mentioning it like backup loader isos or usb loader issues. I'm happy to remove it if I am requested. Just let me know and A.S.A.P. I'll remove it.

Lol, damn, your superstore is cheap. here they are 20-24 bucks.

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WalkerOfTheDay said:
But please answer my question: Do you have Cioscorp (MiiWii, SoftMii) installed ??

Me? Not sure if you are talking to me or not, but I do not have CIOScorp installed. I have BootMii on Boot2 and thats the only brick protection I have right now. Preloader also wouldn't install for me, don't remember why though (think some error code..).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: