Hacking Bootmii install - freezes at Scam screen

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jjc1992 said:
you shouldn't ask if he has CIOScorp INSTALLED, you should ask WHY HAS HE STILL GOT IT INSTALLED. its an outdated program and is really not necessary in a wii nowadays
biggrin.gif

The reason that I ask is this. CIOSCorp is responisble for Bootmii not being able to be installed. Because it cannot determine what IOS is vulnerable anymore.

I know it's outdated. But he doesn't have it installed so I have know idea what could be the problem. Maybe you could contact Bushing ?

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Midnightzak said:
WalkerOfTheDay said:
But please answer my question: Do you have Cioscorp (MiiWii, SoftMii) installed ??

Me? Not sure if you are talking to me or not, but I do not have CIOScorp installed. I have BootMii on Boot2 and thats the only brick protection I have right now. Preloader also wouldn't install for me, don't remember why though (think some error code..).

Yeah I was talking to you. You're sure of this ? Are you able to boot backup trough disc-channel ?? Or only through backup launcher ?? (not trying to be anoying, just want to help out).

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Midnightzak said:
WalkerOfTheDay said:
But please answer my question: Do you have Cioscorp (MiiWii, SoftMii) installed ??

Me? Not sure if you are talking to me or not, but I do not have CIOScorp installed. I have BootMii on Boot2 and thats the only brick protection I have right now. Preloader also wouldn't install for me, don't remember why though (think some error code..).

Yeah I was talking to you. You're sure of this ? Are you able to boot backup trough disc-channel ?? Or only through backup launcher ?? (not trying to be anoying, just want to help out).

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

Only able to boot through a backup launcher.

I'm actually starting to think the problem might be my SD card not accepting the NAND Dump due to some kind of corruption. I need to dump files to my PC, format the card, and then try again - but I'm lazy.

My initial reason for installing BootMii (which installed successfully btw) was to do System Menu skinning, which I abandoned.

So again, BootMii installed and is running just fine (I get the BootMii screen after turning on my Wii), it just won't dump the NAND to my SD Card.

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to not be lazy and check out what I have going on, kinda crazy...

Image below shows the root contents of my SD Card (some of which can probably be removed). The lower right is the properties of all of the files on the card (Select All > Properties) and it shows I've selected 413mb of files, yet the image above that shows that I've used 1.35gb. So yea, something funny goin on with my card.

It's formatting now, ill redump the files and try another BootMii NAND Dump when its done...

SD%20Card%20SS.jpg

Gargravarr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WalkerOfTheDay said:
You probably have Cioscorps installed, right ?

QUOTE said:
you will have to install a non cios'ed ios36 when a new version of bootmii comes along to install it then reinstall cios36 from the cioscorp package after installing the new bootmii or hbc or dvdx.

You didn't exactly say this was to address my problem, but I think it may be . . . So to install BootMii I have to install an unpatched cios36 and then re-install cioscorp after BootMii? I know you likely can't link to such files as the unpatched ios36, but what tool would I use to install that? I'll see what I can find via google.
smile.gif

Thanks!

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just wanted to mention, I had the same problem with my friend's Wii, with the Wiimote not being recognized at the Scam screen.

He lives about 3 hours away in the boonies and has no internet access, I had installed CIOSCORP at one point several months ago so he could his kids could wreck backups discs instead of their originals. Last weekend when I went to upgrade his system with USB Loader, BootMii, etc, my first plan was to install BootMii and make a NAND backup before proceeding. Of course I wasn't able to do this right away because the Wiimote wouldn't be recognized at the Scam screen.

To make a long story short, I used the Offline 4.0 upgrade method (from this guide), after upgrading I tried installing BootMii and it worked perfectly.

I know others have already posted the cIOS36 as the reason of the problems, I just wanted to mention I had also run into it and resolved it just by upgrading the system to 4.0 manually (overwriting IOS36 in the process).

My friend now has the most souped up Wii for about a 100 mile radius, lol!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc