Hacking BootMii doesn't work... at all.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk why I haven't asked this earlier... .-. It's been about a year since I soft-modded my Wii. The first time I installed it, it worked fine, (part of the softmodding guide).

After soft-modding. It won't work. Just loads up a black screen. I've tried re-installing it, but that does nothing... -.-

Any help?

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I'll try.
How do I reinstall it? Re-download the HackMii installer and choose BootMii on it?

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet
smile.gif
It worked.

I remember backing up my NAND or something like that with BootMii. Do I need to re-do this, and if so, how? I forget... .-.

(The guide called for reformatting your SD card, so idk if I saved the NAND thing)

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You probably do need to redo it then...the dump is saved as a file on your SD called NAND.bin.

You can make a new one in bootmii: Select the gear icon on the far right of the bootmii menu, then select the icon that has an arrow pointing from a chip to an SD card (the first choice the options screen).

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I will. How does this help in the future?

0-o I have 493MB left. Theres not enough space to back it up...

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I backup it now, brick, and restore next month sometime, it will have the same MyMenyify theme, same channel positions, etc?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The wii will look exactly like it did when the backup was made. Anything you added after the backup will be deleted, changes will be undone, and save data will be reverted to the state it is in now (you'll lose any progress made since the backup).

Also, assuming you have bootmii installed as boot2, you probably will never need to restore the backup. With bootmii as boot2, you can usually start HBC and unbrick it from there.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I have Priiloader... Idk if that affected the choice of it, but it only let me install as IOS. I like Priiloader'

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it can only be installed as IOS, it's because your wii has a newer (fixed) boot1 which cannot support bootmii as boot2. Priiloader has nothing to do with it.

Keep priiloader installed, because Bootmii IOS does not provide brick protection.

Also, be sure to put the NAND backup somewhere safe, because if you ever do brick to the point where priiloader no longer works (e.g. an uninstalled system menu), someone with an infectus can fix your wii using that backup

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii from March 2007... I only sent it in once to get a replacement disc drive.
tongue.gif
[broken]

Once I load HBC, and Launch Bootmii, can I switch SD cards? [more space] and if so, does Bootmii backup work with SDHC?

Anyway, thanks for your help.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Bootmii just needs the bootmii folder and it's contents on your sd card to work properly.
Can't you just copy over those to the bigger sd card, and avoid the need to swap once bootmii is running.
Normally, a removal and insertion of an sd card are detected by a program using it. I have no idea how bootmii handles these.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't have access to a computer atm, but my Wii, along with the SD. So all I need to do is copy over SD:/bootmii to my other SD and launch it via HBC?

Easy enough.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aijelsop said:
I have a Wii from March 2007... I only sent it in once to get a replacement disc drive.
tongue.gif
[broken]
Are you sure you got the same Wii back? A March 2007 unit should be bootmii/boot2 capable.

As for Bootmii being SDHC compatible, I don't have an SDHC card to test it with, but I'd imagine so. Easiest way to find out is to put the bootmii folder on it, then try running bootmii with it.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Are you sure you got the same Wii back? A March 2007 unit should be bootmii/boot2 capable.

As for Bootmii being SDHC compatible, I don't have an SDHC card to test it with, but I'd imagine so. Easiest way to find out is to put the bootmii folder on it, then try running bootmii with it.

0-o They would send me a new Wii?

Well, all the problem was, it was a disc drive problem, and the eject button was broken... (had to push it in really hard) Um, I forgot to tell them about the eject button problem, the Wii had a fixed drive, AND the eject drive worked.

I noticed the "Wii's Nickname" in the system settings was named "0" which obviously wasn't what it was named before...

All my save data was still there, along with the channels I downloaded though?

They did send it to me really quick (I sent it and got it back literally in 5 days)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Aijelsop said:
QUOTE said:

0-o They would send me a new Wii?

Well, all the problem was, it was a disc drive problem, and the eject button was broken... (had to push it in really hard) Um, I forgot to tell them about the eject button problem, the Wii had a fixed drive, AND the eject drive worked.

I noticed the "Wii's Nickname" in the system settings was named "0" which obviously wasn't what it was named before...

All my save data was still there, along with the channels I downloaded though?

They did send it to me really quick (I sent it and got it back literally in 5 days)
They have a habit of replacing old Wii's with new ones just so you lose the benefits of boot2 and/or backup discs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1