subrosian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
If you add it in the Spreadsheet (using the form), subrosian will add it in his first post (dunno why)

The two main reasons I do most of the work in the forum is the following:
1) Keeping the data in the forum lets me move data around and make notes confirming the ranges that I believe are bootmii boot2 compatible vs non-bootmii boot2 compatible.
2) Replying to users and having users post in the forum bumps the thread to the front page and if you notice the trend in the spreadsheet, if the thread isn't on the first two-three pages, it dies.

I do like the data input page (and I'm very glad you suggested it) because it makes all of the data more uniformed when it is entered, unlike when it is entered in the forum and makes sure that people don't leave out data that could be good to know later down the line.

If the primary data is in the forum vs on the spreadsheet doesn't matter too much really. What matters is that we find the cutoff point on each series of Wii. Doing that allows us to purchase Wiis from online or from other people and know if they are bootmii boot2 compatible or not without having to first run the hack. (Try getting someone on ebay to load bootmii to see if it is or not... it wont happen). The more data we get, the closer we can get to the actual cutoff numbers.

uberbdon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I go into Bootmii>settings>info I get

Sysmenu: 4.1u boot1? boot2v4

why does it say "boot1?"

EDIT:

LU39396/boot1?/boot2v4 incompatible bought September '09

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
people should post the whole S/N, nobody can steal it anyway and nintendo won't anything just because you posted your S/N.
here look I got first

LEH101311364 boot2v2

4 is probably the checksum, maybe other values have a meaning too.
I once put a random S/N into the setting.txt and the system menu refused to boot, so there must be a checksum.

subrosian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
people should post the whole S/N, nobody can steal it anyway and nintendo won't anything just because you posted your S/N.
here look I got first

LEH101311364 boot2v2

4 is probably the checksum, maybe other values have a meaning too.
I once put a random S/N into the setting.txt and the system menu refused to boot, so there must be a checksum.

I was trying to get the biggest demographic I could and I know a lot of people do not like to put the full serial number of anything online, so I decided that at least 5 numbers should be enough to find the cut point (close enough to).

Also, you forgot to put your Boot1 version and/or whether or not your Wii is Bootmii boot2 compatible or not.

subrosian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone. I'm sorry about the slow update, I'm taking a small vacation to my fathers.

Keep them coming
smile.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Let's see...

LEH1508XXXX / boot1vb / boot2v3 / somewhere mid or end 2007

Oh, and I can install my bootmii as boot2.
smile.gif

(also filled in the form)

subrosian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone put "lu63340065" in the web form and put it with boot1a and boot2v2 and that it is compatible. This is absolutely not possible. Please review this and let me know the correction.

Ugothacked said:
LU36 Doesnt work, early 2008 x_x

Would you be able to provide a bit more of the serial number?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Someone put "lu63340065" in the web form and put it with boot1a and boot2v2 and that it is compatible. This is absolutely not possible. Please review this and let me know the correction.
My friend has an LU66 that can run bootmii...so it IS possible, but extremely rare. He bought it used in mid-2009. It's the only LU64+ i've personally seen that can run bootmii.

Boot1a seems unlikely on your suspicious entry. My wii was bought 3 months after launch and has 1b.

subrosian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
QUOTE said:
My friend has an LU66 that can run bootmii...so it IS possible, but extremely rare. He bought it used in mid-2009. It's the only LU64+ i've personally seen that can run bootmii.

Boot1a seems unlikely on your suspicious entry. My wii was bought 3 months after launch and has 1b.

The only way I can see for a LU64+ wii to support bootmii's boot2 is if the case was taken from another wii (or the wii mainboard was stolen from another wii). The LU64+ range was different because the hardware inside was actually different (which is why you can't downgrade a LU64+ to an older system menu version). I bet if you pull open his wii, you will notice that it has been tampered with in some way. Longtom1 reminded me of this, which is why I put "If your Wii was not purchased new from a store or if it has been sent to Nintendo to be repaired, please note this as the "motherboard" inside the Wii could have been changed, which would give us bad data." in the opening post.

The main reason why I didn't believe that entry though was the boot1a, since they were rare even in launch wiis.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just added two to the form. I've been trying to find a compatible one for myself for awhile. Tempted to just swap with one of the Wii's I mod, got one right here in fact.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries