Homebrew bootmii as boot2 won't boot

Ame16787

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Recently installed bootmii as boot2 thru hackmii installer v2 and everything went fine (install ok and config files created) but it does not load when powering on wii it just loads system menu directly so tryied uninstalling bootmii as boot2 from hackmii installer but it does not uninstall even if the whole process seems to work i still find installed later on when rebooting

Nikj14

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DKAngel said:
i thought bootmii wa independant of ios, so how would have ios61 make bootmii work?

id check a different sd card to make sure b4 installing any ios files

bootmii doesnt need to run off any IOS files just the files on the SD card. Is there a bootmii folder on the card?

Ame16787

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes i'll be precise my sd card is a bit of a mess meaning it's 1gb kinston sdhc microsd inside a transcend sd adapter
unsure.gif

but it has been working fine on everything since now, i thought maybe before i changed sd card i should give a last try with the first version of hackmii installer cuz i read somewere about it working on more sd card types! suggestions? as for ios 61 i too in my stupidity think that ios isn't involved here but i will use signcheck and let you know if it is present or not (thanks for fast reply)
cool.gif

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ame16787 said:
Yes i'll be precise my sd card is a bit of a mess meaning it's 1gb kinston sdhc microsd inside a transcend sd adapter
unsure.gif

but it has been working fine on everything since now, i thought maybe before i changed sd card i should give a last try with the first version of hackmii installer cuz i read somewere about it working on more sd card types! suggestions? as for ios 61 i too in my stupidity think that ios isn't involved here but i will use signcheck and let you know if it is present or not (thanks for fast reply)
cool.gif

Try using a real SD (non-HC) card. I have bad luck trying to get my BootMii to read a micro-sd. The IOS setup is completely irrelevant.

You should also check the boot.ini file under the AUTOBOOT feature. It might be autobooting your system menu. (Most set theirs to 5 or 3.)

Ame16787

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
etherealx you seem like you know a few things about it so here it is: read in another post that once installed bootmii the operation of turning on wii without sd card inserted should result in rapid disc led flashing, is that correct?

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ame16787 said:
etherealx you seem like you know a few things about it so here it is: read in another post that once installed bootmii the operation of turning on wii without sd card inserted should result in rapid disc led flashing, is that correct?

That's correct. It's super quick and happens nearly immediately after the initial LED flash that happens by default for pushing power.

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i am having the same problem mate and i have had it installed since day one and now as of 3 days agao nutting it wont load bootmii screen i have tried different cards (even tho the original works fine) its very bl00dy wierd

Ame16787

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
just read about new bootmii release v3 (hackmii installer) gonna try that out and see if it works out......

Ame16787

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bootmii v3 was able to read my messy sd card and now BOOTMII BOOTS AS BOOT2 (only strange thing though is that with this version even if it is installed the "uninstall" option is not available in the hackmii installer, maybe im wrong though im not sure)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, then play it