Hacking boot2 questions

ng80092a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i've just read that 4.2 updates boot2 into boot2v4

this means bootmii can't be installed on boot2 after updating?
will the nand backup be less efective if bootmii is instaled as ios?
can future updates erase my bootmii instalation on boot2 and prevent that i'll ever acess boot2 ever to install bootmii?

thanks

ng80092a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
but on the noob starter guide it said that new consoles would come with boot2v3/v4 and you couldn't install bootmii on their boot2, only as one of their IOS

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The 4.2 update overwrites boot2 to boot2v4 but does not (and cannot) fix the weakness in boot1 that allows BootMii to be installed. You should be able to reinstall bootmii after updating.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bootmii needs a bug in the boot1 so it can install on boot2 it doesn't matter what version boot2 you have v2, v3 or v4.

if you have a newer wii the bug in the boot1 has been fixed by nintendo so you can only install bootmii as IOS

ng80092a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh nice, so there'll always be bootmii on boot2.. the update just re-writes boot2 but can't stop you from installing bootmii there again
tongue.gif
thanks
smile.gif

and what about the nand backup, how effective it is?

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you have as boot2 then it's like having infinite lives for your wii if you store the backup safely

not sure about IOS but with pre/priiloader having boot to HBC as long as you don't delete the system menu you can recover most bricks from there I think

ng80092a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I mean people get their console bricked somehow, they try to restore the backup but it doesn't work.. dunno how it happens..

by the way, can i acess the preloader menu with a gamecube controller? cause my reset button doesnt work and i need a different way to acess it

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you have bootmii as boot2 you can usually access the HBC or use cboot2 and recover the system so backup restore failure isn't a problem

and the only way to access preloader is through the reset button as far as I know

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm