Homebrew Boot channels from the Homebrew Channel?

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently started using the USB Loader, and I threw Preloader on my Wii and have it set to boot to the HBC by default. I love this for both the USB loader as well as my emulators, since I can use a Gamecube controller to navigate to the emulator. Is there a way to boot channels (specifically the disc channel, maybe WiiWare if possible) from the Homebrew Channel? I'd love to be able to boot GCN games with just a GCN controller.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, with carzy intro and preloader, you can set it up so that when you turn on the wii, a screen will appear and then you press A to go to system menu, B to go to HBC, or any of the directions on the D Pad to go to user defined channels. dunno if that would help, and i think you may need to use wiimote for selecting what to boot...

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Out of curiosity, is there any downside to booting everything through Gecko OS? It seems to do what I'd like it to...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
raptir said:
Alright. Out of curiosity, is there any downside to booting everything through Gecko OS? It seems to do what I'd like it to...
dont think so, but it does give you region free, which is an upside
rolleyes.gif

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
as i already said, wiimu can launch wii games, gamecube games, and channels...

there is also the libwiigameload demo somewhere, i forgot where, but i launches games...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
now you could install bootmii, and then when you start the wii you get a sexy gui where you can select either system menu or hbc and get brick protection as a little bonus. you even navigate the bootmii gui with a gc controller, so you can get to your emus without need for wiimote. so with bootmii, just start the wii and select system menu if you want channels, or HBC if you want homebrew

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.