Hacking Bomberman 64

Rikku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is probably a thread for this already, but I couldn't find it, so, I'm really sorry!
You see, I've been curious as to whether or not Bomberman 64 can be WAD injected. I've seen someone on YouTube claiming to have done it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5q5bjf6rT4&fmt=18), but said guy didn't release it due to flaming, which, if it was true, is really a pity. In any case, I presumed it really didn't work after all, but since people claim to be able to hack into it so easily I figured it would be best to ask here, a place that has many skilled members. I apologize if this is against rules or something like that.

[EDIT]: Oh, and, before you ask, I did try to inject the WAD myself, but it didn't get past the "You need a classic controller" screen... me being a complete and utter noob to this kind of thing, it is highly likely I did something wrong, or maybe not, since the Auto WAD Injector was really simple to use. Oh, well.

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
cant say for sure, if you cant find it then probaply not.

Don't ever trust those youtube vids, they're just attention whores and never actually release anything.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am not sure. N64 roms are very picky for how it will work. Some work only off the Sin and Punishment wad but others work off the Ocarina of Time wad. I cannot say I have seen the game myself but even if it doesn't work, you can wait until the wii64 emulator comes out.

EDIT: I just checked the wiki (http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/VCInjections_Compatiblity_List) and it says it can work but it does not save.

Rikku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't worry. Also, it didn't work neither with Sin & Punishment or Ocarina of Time, unfortunately... same error as before, doesn't leave the "You will need a classic controller" screen.
Seems I won't play this game until HUDSON decides to release it on VC... sigh.

samagon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont really see why people are so hell bent on playing N64 games on the Wii. You are all willing to jump through hoops to try and get the game running when it would be so much easier to just use an N64 emulator for the PC with a 20 USD Gamepad or better yet an adapter for the N64 controller (if they still sell those). Every know and then i hook up my laptop to my old CRT TV with S-Video and a split audio jack to play N64 Roms or PSX isos with my 360 controller. And as an added benefit i can use the extra horsepower from my laptop to do extra crap like anti aliasing and what not.

Capn_Makeveli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's for the nostalgia of playing on a nintendo system on your tv, and remembering the gaming of staying up all weekend with your buds and beating every game you can think of.

i.heart.piracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also tried injecting this into Sin and Punishment (and Super Mario 64, after seeing that Youtube vid), but after looking closely at the video you can tell it's a fake. The guy is an idiot; he didn't even edit it well enough to hide the part where it transitions from the Wii menu to a video he cut of him playing Bomberman 64. You can see it if you look hard enough.

I guess we'll just have to wait until Nintendo comes out with it for the VC, if that ever happens.

Edit: I just checked the compatibility list, and it says Bomberman Hero worked injected into Pokemon Snap. Maybe 64 is close enough to Hero to work with Snap. Has anyone tried it yet?

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
samagon said:
I dont really see why people are so hell bent on playing N64 games on the Wii. You are all willing to jump through hoops to try and get the game running when it would be so much easier to just use an N64 emulator for the PC with a 20 USD Gamepad or better yet an adapter for the N64 controller (if they still sell those). Every know and then i hook up my laptop to my old CRT TV with S-Video and a split audio jack to play N64 Roms or PSX isos with my 360 controller. And as an added benefit i can use the extra horsepower from my laptop to do extra crap like anti aliasing and what not.

Why?

Your steps:
- get a gamepad / adapter
- get the rom
- start rom in emulator
- connect video out to tv
- attach audio out to tv
- test if everything works
- play

So what my steps would look like:
- start wii
- select channel
- play

That's why.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, thx in advance +1