OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Activision boss Bobby Kotick has dismissed the likes of Valve, Epic, Ninja Theory, Level-5, Insomniac, Foundation 9, Gearbox, Sucker Punch, Rebellion and Terminal Reality - by calling Bungie the "last remaining high quality independent developer" in the world. Yep. Wow.

Activision, of course, has embarked on an exclusive ten-year publishing deal with Bungie for its new 'action universe' - widely assumed to be an MMO.

"Bungie are a very unusual company," Kotick told the America Merrill Lynch Media, Comms and Entertainment conference.

"They're probably the last remaining high quality independent developer. It's very hard to [pauses]... that has sort of has institutional skills and capabilities. And they're a real company.

"When they started the process of looking for a new partner, they'd been in business with Microsoft. They had a vision for a product they wanted to create that needed certain skills and capabilities - that Microsoft had some of.

"But as they started to go and look at the obvious candidates, they realised that no company other than Activision had the skills that they needed to be successful for the vision of that product. These are things that you never would have envisioned five years ago.

"Blizzard had 2,500 people in customer service and support just for World Of Warcraft. How you train them, how you manage them, how you organise them... how you use CRM tools in delighting and satisfying the expectations of your audiences.. it's something no other company [Bungie] talked to [could offer]."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=265559

You hear that Valve? You guys suck. No one plays FPS's on PC's anymore and only do that on consoles.

/sarcasm

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
what a load of fuck! so i guess konami, EA and blizzard don't count and even errrrrm ubi?
laugh.gif
and here's another source: http://www.vg247.com/2010/09/20/bungie-pro...er-says-kotick/

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In the past, I avoided buying Activision products because I was dissatisfied with the quality. These days, I don't buy Activision games because of the endless stream of feces that flows from Kotick's mouth.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
gamefreak94 said:
I actually never heard of bungie until halo. What other games did they make?

Game series
Marathon Trilogy (Marathon · 2: Durandal · Infinity) · Myth series (II) · Halo series (Halo · 2 · 3 · ODST · Reach)
Individual games
Gnop! · Operation: Desert Storm · Minotaur: The Labyrinths of Crete · Pathways into Darkness · Abuse · Oni
People
Jason Jones · Alex Seropian · Martin O'Donnell · Joseph Staten · Luke Smith

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:
Valve, Epic, Ninja Theory, Level-5, Insomniac, Foundation 9, Gearbox, Sucker Punch, Rebellion and Terminal Reality

Stopped reading there. What an asshole!

EDIT: Wow, we have a censored function? Had no idea!
tongue.gif

EDIT2: Changed to something slightly less offensive?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yep storming here in Ohio also