Hacking Blueborne new Bluetooth exploit - possible for Wii U and Switch aswell?

rg

Trophies
XP
Country
only if the switch OS is based on Unix, i have no idea if it is. But would be interesting.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes they can hack the console with BlueBorne. The only big gap that the hackers have now is that they don't know the build of the OS on the Switch. However... when you can acces a dark room, you can also feel (touch in code language) and get an idea what is going on there... So this will take time.

rg

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes they can hack the console with BlueBorne. The only big gap that the hackers have now is that they don't know the build of the OS on the Switch. However... when you can access a dark room, you can also feel (touch in code language) and get an idea what is going on there... So this will take time.

What is your source for this ?
As far as I understand this will only be possible if the implementation from Nintendo of the Bluetooth stack has the same flaws. It is possible because it does affect all Currently known OS, but if as posted before the Nintendo OS is build from scratch then it may very well be that they created their own Bluetooth.

But this is just me guessing, i have no actual info.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When you read the website it states that all Bluetooth devices to date have the zero-day exploits. Bluetooth is Bluetooth, any device can couple with the Joy-con so we can state out your statement about Nintendo making his own Bluetooth.

Reactions: peteruk

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
This actually makes a lot of sense since they were BT Certified, too.
Don't know the potential if it, though, since BT probably still differs on how it works and what it could yield in comparison to other OSes.

One more route to try, anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo