BloodWolfJW

Marotheit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BloodWolfJW's Ultimate Puzzle Swap Guide

Welcome to a BloodWolfJW exclusive Puzzle Swap guide. I currently only support the United States, but may begin to support others soon. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I check the thread daily, so your question should be answered within a 24-hour period. If not, message me, as I do visit the forums somewhere between 4-5 times a day. It's important to remember that I do make mistakes, as I am human; So if you see one, don't think twice to message me. Thanks, enjoy the guide.
[/p]

The Basics
Puzzle Swap, found in the "StreetPass Mii Plaza" since the initial launch of the Nintendo 3DS with System Menu 1.0.0-0 J/E/U, is a game focused on the idea of "StreetPass" in which players of the Nintendo 3DS go about their usual day and link their respective Mii with other players to share, swap, and obtain puzzle pieces to complete a full 3D puzzle based off a Nintendo game. The themes of the puzzles include Nintendo's biggest franchises, such as Mario and The Legend of Zelda, but can stray farther away to less known series such as Kirby or Pikmin. This, however, is subject to change, seeing as Nintendo has announced on their twitter that they will be adding extra content to the "StreetPass Mii Plaza" in an upcoming update.

The goal of Puzzle Swap is to complete any given puzzle by spending "Play Coins" and meeting other players via "StreetPass". There are 7 puzzles to complete, all Nintendo themed, for a total 105 puzzle pieces. Each player starts off with a default puzzle which is dependent on the state entered on the setup of the players 3DS. Players may only begin a second puzzle after meeting another player with a different puzzle and choosing to take one of the pieces from sed puzzle. A player can work on multiple puzzles at the same time, however, when buying a piece, the 3DS will automatically choose which puzzle to add a piece to; Therefore it is much easier to only have one unfinished puzzle at a time, although it is possible to complete puzzles when the player is in possession of more than one.

Throughout the game, players will spend 2 "Play Coins" each for a puzzle piece that may or may not be new to the player. When meeting other players to swap pieces, you must wait at least 12 hours before the 3DS will allow you to meet that same player again. This can be changed, however, with a few changes to the "StreetPass Mii Plaza" settings by switching the desired Mii for the Plaza. Overall, the minimum number of days to complete the puzzle alone is 3, giving the player the benefit of the doubt. Without cheating, you can complete a puzzle within a allotted 24-hour time period with a minimum of 3 people, according to the time you begin the process; To be specific, start after 12:00 P.M. on the first day, and finish by 12:00 P.M. on the second day.

The game itself contains music composed by Kazumi Totaka, who also made music for the 3DS menu. You can find a link to the "Puzzle Swap" music here and a link to the "Puzzle Swap Progress" here.

The Puzzles
Now, onto the puzzles themselves. As stated before, there are 7 puzzles all relating to Nintendo. A list of the puzzles themselves is found below with a link respective picture. I advise you find out what the picture looks like the old fashioned way of completing the puzzle, but you can continue as you please. Remember, the 3D models can only be viewed by completing the puzzle in the Plaza, so these are only thumbnails.

If you wish to format the 3DS to receive a certain puzzle, I have compiled a list below of each states default puzzle. Beware, formatting will erase all the data the 3DS holds, so it's best to try this out on a local game shop's 3DS rather than your own, but it's your choice.

The Locations
The following "spoiler" is filled with locations that are optional states to change your default puzzle. If you're brave enough, feel free to format and get your desired puzzle.

[*]Do Not Set: Metroid: Other M[*]Alabama: Super Mario Galaxy 2[*]Alaska: Mario and Bowser[*]Arizona: Kirby's Dream Land[*]Arkansas: The Legend of Zelda[*]California: New Super Mario Bros. Wii[*]Colorado: Pikmin [*]Connecticut: Metroid: Other M[*]Delaware: Mario and Bowser[*]District of Columbia: Metroid: Other M[*]Florida: Super Mario Galaxy 2[*]Georgia: The Legend of Zelda[*]Hawaii: Kirby's Dream Land [*]Idaho: Pikmin[*]Illinois: Metroid: Other M[*]Indiana: Mario and Bowser[*]Iowa: New Super Mario Bros. Wii[*]Kansas: Super Mario Galaxy 2[*]Kentucky: The Legend of Zelda[*]Louisiana: Kirby's Dream Land[*]Maine: Metroid: Other M[*]Maryland: Pikmin[*]Massachusetts: New Super Mario Bros. Wii[*]Michigan: Mario and Bowser[*]Minnesota: Metroid: Other M[*]Mississippi: Kirby's Dream Land[*]Missouri: The Legend of Zelda[*]Montana: New Super Mario Bros. Wii[*]Nebraska: Mario and Bowser[*]Nevada: New Super Mario Bros. Wii[*]New Hampshire: Super Mario Galaxy 2[*]New Jersey: The Legend of Zelda[*]New Mexico: Kirby's Dream Land[*]New York: Pikmin[*]North Carolina: Pikmin[*]North Dakota: Metroid: Other M[*]Ohio: Metroid: Other M[*]Oklahoma: Mario and Bowser[*]Oregon: Super Mario Galaxy 2[*]Pennsylvania: The Legend of Zelda[*]Puerto Rico: Super Mario Galaxy 2[*]Rhode Island: Kirby's Dream Land[*]South Carolina: New Super Mario Bros. Wii[*]South Dakota: Pikmin[*]Tennessee: Metroid: Other M[*]Texas: Mario and Bowser[*]Utah: Super Mario Galaxy 2[*]Vermont: Kirby's Dream Land[*]Virginia: The Legend of Zelda[*]Washington: New Super Mario Bros. Wii[*]West Virginia: Metroid: Other M[*]Wisconsin: Pikmin[*]Wyoming: Mario and Bowser

The Thanks
I would like to thank "Snailface" for giving his Nintendo 3DS NAND a run for its money. Thanks bro!
I would like to thank all contributors for your valuable input. Couldn't have done it without you guys!
I would like to thank to thank you. Without you, there would be no purpose for this guide! Enjoy!

mrtimotei

No More Heroes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm from Connecticut, and my puzzle is Metroid: Other M.

Also, you have a few error's with the pictures' names. Just saying...

BloodWolfJW

Marotheit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrtimotei said:
I'm from Connecticut, and my puzzle is Metroid: Other M.

Also, you have a few error's with the pictures' names. Just saying...
QUOTE(Presto99 @ Sep 14 2011, 08:12 PM) You messed up on some of the pictures. I'm in Utah and my default puzzle was Super Mario Galaxy 2.
Thanks! I knew I would have made a simple mistake there, haha. Added as well. Thanks again.
smile.gif

BloodWolfJW

Marotheit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
uk, london and my default puzzle was link.
I just decided to add a section under the states for submissions like yours. Thanks again!
smile.gif

QUOTE(anthonyplep @ Sep 14 2011, 08:57 PM) Ohio = Metroid Puzzle

Me, my friend and my older brother all got it, so I believe it's the default
Thanks. I got 2 for Colorado=Pikmin (My friend Alec, plus, everyone at school has that puzzle...) so I'm almost positive that it matters what State/Province you have. Thanks again!
smile.gif

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can say Mario Galaxy 2 for Florida, Ive streetpassed quite a few times and all I see is Mario Galaxy from all the new owners(Not to mention I had mario galaxy also)
But why would they use this system? I mean the only reason I got atleast one part of each puzzle is because of 2 trips to washington, but its not a very good system :/

BloodWolfJW

Marotheit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can in fact conclude that your default puzzle is based on your state/province. I posted this on 2 forums, GBAtemp and 3DSForums and had answers that matched each state perfectly. Example:

Ohio = Metroid Puzzle

--anthonyplep (GBAtemp)
----------------------------------------------------------
State: Ohio
Puzzle: Metroid

--RockPigeon (Nintendo 3DS Forums)

There is more examples if you need.

GBAtemp Topic Link: http://gbatemp.net/t308493-bloodwolfjw-s-u...p;#entry3887109
Nintendo 3DS Forums Link: http://3dsforums.com/nintendo-3ds-3/state-...301/index2.html

elisherer

I ♥ 3DS
Trophies
Website
www.sherer.co.il
XP
Country
Iceland
Minnesota: Metroid: Other M

P.S.
I don't believe this theory..
This would be very difficult for people from the same state get more puzzles that way
Maybe it has something to do with the serial number behind the console?

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
London, Zelda. As far as I can tell everybody I have spoken to in the UK had Zelda as the first puzzle except for two people who work in GAME stores (Pikmin and Metroid) who got the 3DS on day -1 and most HMV/ GAME store 3DS's have different starting puzzles.
As stated though, if everyone in one region has the same puzzle we'd never unlock new ones.
Just texted a friend, he's London too and had Pikmin......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1