Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night appears to have a sequel in development

bstorn.png

While Sony accidentally let it slip that a prexisting game--Uncharted 4--is headed to PC before giving it a proper announcement, 505 Games has let the cat out of the bag regarding a sequel to Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Released in 2019 as a crowdfunded spiritual successor to Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Bloodstained has sold over a million copies since its launch, earning 505's parent company--Digital Bros.--over €30 million in revenue. The last bullet point of their slide discusses that there is a "second version" in development, which is a phrase Digital Bros. has used in the past to refer to "sequel". In fact, another game within their briefing--Ghostrunner--uses that same term of "second version", with the game already having been definitively confirmed to be getting a sequel. No further details were given, beyond it currently being in development.

:arrow: Source

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't beaten the game yet (at 90-something %), but I enjoyed it for what it was. I didn't really encounter any bugs on the switch, though I know there were a lot of performance issues with the game. I didn't encounter that really either. the only thing I didn't like about the game was that certain things were way too cryptic to figure out. it had been running through the whole castle multiple times. that does get boring after a while.

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't beaten the game yet (at 90-something %), but I enjoyed it for what it was. I didn't really encounter any bugs on the switch, though I know there were a lot of performance issues with the game. I didn't encounter that really either. the only thing I didn't like about the game was that certain things were way too cryptic to figure out. it had been running through the whole castle multiple times. that does get boring after a while.
I try not to spoil a game by using a guide if I can help it, but there comes a point where trying to figure it out will ruin the game even worse for me. That's the point where you're better off just googling it.

Reactions: godreborn

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The entire game has serious problems on misleading the player. Every time you don't need a hint on where to go, because it's obvious, NPC Girl comes and tells you where to go. Whenever you actually need a hint, like with the twin towers, the game says fucking nothing, leading to a scenario of searching the castle for hours, fruitlessly. It would be better if NPC Girl just said nothing at all, since it's giving the impression that the game will guide you, at least somewhat.

I've seen people make excuses about "That's just an IGA game", but fuck that, it's just fucking terrible game design. Being cryptic is one thing, actively misleading your players is another. Mechanically, the game was great, but I don't blame anyone for a minute for looking up a guide, when the game actively goes out of it's way to make your life harder.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I try not to spoil a game by using a guide if I can help it, but there comes a point where trying to figure it out will ruin the game even worse for me. That's the point where you're better off just googling it.

that's how it was with me as well. I eventually consulted a guide. I've tried not to use any guides with any switch games. I've only had to consult a guide one other time, and that was to find the sunstone in dragon quest 3. I was stuck on these things for well over a week, possibly much longer than that, and it was making the games boring.

D

Deleted User

I'm just a Platformer Hobbyist and have never been keen on the Button-Mashing aspect of it when all the Castlevania Titles I want to play are on fragile Handhelds.
But I've always enjoyed watching the Scene and their YouTube Gameplays.

Financially, I believe the Team under Castlevania's Former Producer should be given the opportunity to put their Platform-Building skills to the best use, for as long as they still have the Creative Drive and the Demographic is there to purchase their Releases; they are still some of the best in the Genre.

There will be a time in the future when we can only look back on these works due to the fact their Original Creators have past their prime, so if they're willing to grace the Fanbase with more of the same Formula before that eventuality, go right ahead.

Last edited by , , Reason: Wording.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Bloodstained RotN was my 2019 GOTY, so I'd expect no less from IGA to deliver another one.
However, this time I hope the team learned from our feedback, and will go through less trial-and-error.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
This are some very good news. Even if it's not a direct sequel, would be amazing to see this franchise expand its universe and actually becoming the successor to Castlevania.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is good news. Just hope we don't have to wait for months between each new update in the sequel. I didn't bother checking out the new content they added as I pretty much lost interest in the game from waiting.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's good news but because it seems that Konami is willing to give their franchises to third parties to make games, I'm still hopping that IGA will be able to make this Castlevania 1999 Castle War game with Julius Belmont

Otherwise, well Bloodstained is still cool, tho I obviously prefer the 2D style (like Castlevania games on DS .... My God those were absolutely magnificent) and I hope it'll be better than the first one. I really liked Bloodstained, I don't remember too much about being guided tho, but I remember there was a moment you had to get a soul of a monster fish or something but I was like « how tf was I supposed to understand that by myself ?? », obviously had to check some guides to finish it

Also didn't finished the last secret boss (the vampire, I forgot his name), despite trying hard. He's just too strong.

Also let's hope the Switch port doesn't release butchered like it was with the first game. I think they updated it and now it runs pretty well but still, ain't cool for Switch players to wait that long to play the game properly after the release, even tho I'll still pick it on PC.

Last edited by LightBeam,

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've kept an eternal pain for this game since the cancellation of the PS Vita and Wii U versions (which were my only consoles at the time), later I got a PS4, but the frustration was so much that I didn't even think about buying this game.

PZT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've kept an eternal pain for this game since the cancellation of the PS Vita and Wii U versions (which were my only consoles at the time), later I got a PS4, but the frustration was so much that I didn't even think about buying this game.
This game would have suffered if they had to keep the Vita's specs in mind when developing it, just look at Mighty No 9 which turned out poorly in part because they had to keep Vita and 3DS in mind
And they would have lost a ton of money if they tried to release a big-budget Vita and Wii U game in the middle of 2019, because the platform manufacturers gave up, if you want to blame anybody, blame Sony and Nintendo for not properly supporting their platforms and ensuring they died before promised Kickstarter games were ready to release

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo