Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon Releases May 24.

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is spinoff game based on Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. The game is an 8-Bit retro NES-styled game and was developed by Inti Creates as a result of a Kickstarter goal. It features various characters such as Miriam, the main protagonist of the main game, Zangetsu, the sword wielding exorcist, Alfred who uses alchemy to battle, and Gebel, who has powers similar to Miriam. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is scheduled to release May 24 for Nintendo 3DS, Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One and Steam. The game will be digital-only.

:arrow:SOURCE

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

scroeffie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Attachments

• blood.jpg
    blood.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 331
Last edited by scroeffie,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm a (8) bit annoyed by the 8bit look, I'd have prefer at least 16bit/SNES feeling, but I guess it's what was planned from the start and what people wanted.
I like the different characters with each their own abilities.
I also like the Castelvania vibe, it looks great.

Beta access (on PC) supposedly will begin in June, for anyone who cares.
The video says may 24th, why would there be a beta after release?
did I miss something?

Last edited by Cyan,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm a (8) bit annoyed by the 8bit look, I'd have prefer at least 16bit/SNES feeling, but I guess it's what was planned from the start and what people wanted.
Maybe a second game will come along with that look, who knows.

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The video says may 24th, why would there be a beta after release?
did I miss something?

That's the beta for the main game (Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night).

Maybe a second game will come along with that look, who knows.

If the game does well (and I hope it will), I don't see why not.

Reactions: Cyan

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thia couldn't POSSIBLY look any more like a Castlevania knock-off... Konami should sue.
Konami should die. Also they wouldn't sue, they are too busy prostituting their IPs over Pachinkos.

PS: Long life IGA! Even this spin-off is instabuy for me.

Coconut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice! I'm happy I backed this afterwards, now I technically have the full game for €14, as this minigame will be €10 :)

Luckyyy. Now I have to figure out if I want this on my 3DS, or on a Switch that I'll buy in August.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is developed by Inti creates, the team is mostly known for making games that look retro with attention to detail in animation quality and music. Sure it could look a bit more defined with more colors but if you enjoy shovel knight, you should enjoy other games they have made like Azure striker gunvolt, Mighty Gunvolt burst, and blaster master zero. This is the team that made Mega man games for capcom long ago. Not to mention their new game Dragon Marked for Death is all done by the same people who has been making Mega man Zero series. It's gonna be good. :ninja:

Any info if this is a Metroidvania?
So far, there is mention of multiple endings depending on player actions. If this is anything like castlevania games, it would be what you are asking.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol