Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon Releases May 24.

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is spinoff game based on Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. The game is an 8-Bit retro NES-styled game and was developed by Inti Creates as a result of a Kickstarter goal. It features various characters such as Miriam, the main protagonist of the main game, Zangetsu, the sword wielding exorcist, Alfred who uses alchemy to battle, and Gebel, who has powers similar to Miriam. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is scheduled to release May 24 for Nintendo 3DS, Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One and Steam. The game will be digital-only.

:arrow:SOURCE

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Any hint when Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is coming though?

Since the spinoff game is almost out now, the actual game itself hopefully shouldn't be too far behind.
And as I've mentioned above, beta access (for backers) supposedly begins in June, if you can't wait.

Last edited by hiroakihsu,

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Any info if this is a Metroidvania?

The Japanese site for the game states that it'll be a "stage-based, side-scrolling 2D action game", so something similar to Castlevania 3 I would think.

Edit: Now that I've taken a closer look at the gameplay footage from the announcement trailer, I can see there are indeed some assets from the game that do look very similar to some of the assets from previous Castlevania games; whether Konami is going to act on this remains to be seen.

Last edited by hiroakihsu,
D

Deleted User

Would be much happier to see Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, come to the switch. This Curse of the Moon looked like NESAss

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I find the idea that people who who care about modern Metroidvania games are in some way also concerned about originality pretty amusing.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just figured I share some of these tweets from Inti Creates expressing gratitude for everyone who has bought the game. Especially since they do celebrate with art with each mile stone of downloads like they did with Blaster Master Zero. Hope you are all enjoying Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon! :)

Reactions: T-hug

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.