Bloodborne first-person mod to be released soon

Bloodborne is about to get a lot harder, and a lot scarier. Bloodborne modder GardenOfEyes released a trailer today for their upcoming mod that will change the entire game to a first-person perspective. The mod is based off of the Dark Souls 3 first-person mod created by modder ZullieTheWitch, who actually assisted on this mod.

"Special thanks to Zullie the Witch, who generously walked me through the steps of how she made the mod and finding the different camera offsets on PC," reads the video description on GardenOfEyes' YouTube video, "which helped me greatly in implementing a proper approach on PS4 for Bloodborne, which was not exactly an easy task considering how limited PS4 modding tools are compared to PC." For her part, ZullieTheWitch also made a comment on the video explaining that this mod functions much the same as her first-person mods, as all of FromSoftware's SoulsBorne games use the same camera (with the exception of Dark Souls 2). "I can't wait to bring it to Elden Ring too," she added.

The mod is expected to be released "very soon," along with another recently-announced mod from GardenOfEyes that restores a shortcut door from the Cathedral Ward to the Cleric Beast that was cut from the original game. Finally, in another YouTube comment, GardenOfEyes confirmed that this will be compatible with the recent 60fps patch.

atreyu187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still haven't played the game, but I patched the original dump of mine for 60fps (tested and it works). it took about 2 hours to decrypt the original dumped pkg (glad I had 1.09), then create the new pkg, since the game has thousands of files (mostly maps and stuff):

View attachment 273664

The 60fps is nice but nullifies a ton of i-frames so no sloppy play. You need to be precise as a surgeon. Running a BL4 run right now and with my Poorman's gem setup one hit I am dead. So it has made me a much better player. Takes a bit to get used to it but looks amazing even in only 720p. Can't really tell unless I am on the 72" TV

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on a 28" tv myself. I just tested if the mod worked, which it did according to the title screen, think it says 60fps mod or something to that effect. I didn't actually play the game. I need a new hdmi cable for my ps4 anyway, as sometimes the video cuts out for a split second. it's either the cable or the switcher port I have it plugged into. I'm going to do a direct connection to another port and another switcher/hdmi cable once I get some more money on the 1st from my disability ssi thing. I'm also going to give aldo another $15, since he deserves it. I think I got paid today on my $41 card today actually/get paid on the 28th of every month, but I plan to use this month's and next month's to buy metroid dread on the switch in October.

Reactions: atreyu187

atreyu187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on a 28" tv myself. I just tested if the mod worked, which it did according to the title screen, think it says 60fps mod or something to that effect. I didn't actually play the game. I need a new hdmi cable for my ps4 anyway, as sometimes the video cuts out for a split second. it's either the cable or the switcher port I have it plugged into. I'm going to do a direct connection to another port and another switcher/hdmi cable once I get some more money on the 1st from my disability ssi thing. I'm also going to give aldo another $15, since he deserves it. I think I got paid today on my $41 card today actually/get paid on the 28th of every month, but I plan to use this month's and next month's to buy metroid dread on the switch in October.

My port went to shit as it's common with these. Had another soldered in place and issue free for now but I just sent some cash for one of these for the future.

https://wololo.net/2021/08/27/details-on-upcoming-ps4-hdmi-patch-video/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's pooplic place.