Homebrew Blocking browserhax update message

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
Opening the browser and seeing the update nag once stores it to savedata and blocks it PERMANENTLY.

That's utterly false. For the N3DS, at least.
I always get the update nag when I don't boot my N3ds quickly enough. But I always bypass the nag by turning off wifi and on again.

Reactions: nallar

nallar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's utterly false. For the N3DS, at least.
I always get the update nag when I don't boot my N3ds quickly enough. But I always bypass the nag by turning off wifi and on again.
That only applies to N3DS, main post updated to mention the workaround for N3DS at the top instead of halfway down the page. Something's different about the N3DS browser, and the blocking doesn't work properly. Nice for those of us with an N3DS.

Garcia98

Hey! Listen!
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
I already got the update nag, is there anything I can do?
  • If you already have another entrypoint, you can use SVDT to dump/backup the browser save, and then reset/clear it.

How would you do this? Title selector doesn't shows applets (like the browser).

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
That only applies to N3DS, main post updated to mention the workaround for N3DS at the top instead of halfway down the page. Something's different about the N3DS browser, and the blocking doesn't work properly. Nice for those of us with an N3DS.

I highly doubt something's stored in the 3ds. What I have tried shows that it's all about speed. N3ds boots everything faster to bypass Nintendo's nag.

nallar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How would you do this? Title selector doesn't shows applets (like the browser).
Thought SVDT's selector let you choose the browser. Welp.
I highly doubt something's stored in the 3ds. What I have tried shows that it's all about speed. N3ds boots everything faster to bypass Nintendo's nag.
Per the wiki: "There is a cache for this in savedata. The request is only done when at least 24-hours have passed since the last time the request was done(see the below savedata section)."

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country

Per the wiki: "There is a cache for this in savedata. The request is only done when at least 24-hours have passed since the last time the request was done(see the below savedata section)."

You certainly have a point. But,as you already know, this won't affect the N3ds no matter how many times the update nag appears.

liljon042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So does that mean we just have to wait 24 hours before we can use it again on o3ds? Or am I reading this completely wrong?

nallar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You certainly have a point. But,as you already know, this won't affect the N3ds no matter how many times the update nag appears.
Yep, I've edited the main post to point N3DS people to the easy workaround.
So does that mean we just have to wait 24 hours before we can use it again on o3ds? Or am I reading this completely wrong?
Nope, if it has saved the version outdated result and 24hours later it tries to connect and fails, it gives the error which is similar to "Can't use browser on this network, try again later". :(

Reactions: Seita

liljon042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I've edited the main post to point N3DS people to the easy workaround.

Nope, if it has saved the version outdated result and 24hours later it tries to connect and fails, it gives the error which is similar to "Can't use browser on this network, try again later". :(
Damn. Well I'm already updated to 10.2 anyways haha hopefully someone finds a workaround for o3ds users. :)

dradonhunter11

French o-MEGA modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well, I entirely reset the browser, so I can remove entirely remove the nag thing (It work), but when I try to launch the browser, it instantly crash... so do I need to scan qr code immediatly after booting it?

edit: I receive a update message about 9.6.0-24U tough with the dns in your thread lol

Last edited by dradonhunter11,

JPNYCE914

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are there any alternatives to getting to the homebrew page. as in can i install something from scratch. i have and o3ds 10.2 no other hax installed. i have iron invasion but not the hax installed for it. oh and if it helps to mention, i just want to be able to use pkhex. which i need to use save editor for.

Last edited by JPNYCE914,

N0n@me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are there any alternatives to getting to the homebrew page. as in can i install something from scratch. i have and o3ds 10.2 no other hax installed. i have iron invasion but not the hax installed for it.
If you can try cubic ninja/Oothax/smashhax.

JPNYCE914

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sadly i dont have any of those game....i guess i may have to buckle down and get one or wait until a workaround comes out...nintendo would do with on the day they release shiny xerneas too...its killing my streaming capabilities. thanks for the help

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
You shouldn't even be seeing the nag on anything under 9.9. Did you install the 9.9 browser on your 9.2 sysnand or something?
no, was just curious and overly cautious. apparently too much so. I need not worry about it apparently. thanks. and sorry.

Reactions: daxtsu

yodenny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im on o3ds 9.9 unfortanatly i got the nag thing is there any alternative way to go into homebrew or should i just wait?

Msama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So there is nothing to do? I'm on 10.1.0-27E and i already triggered the nag...
I also wiped Browser savedata but the nag is still there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1