JimmyBobAlex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anybody else see an odd pinkish glitch appear briefly at the bottom of the screen when playing? It seems to be random but does happen every few minutes. I'm talking about the release by khu.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JimmyBobAlex said:
Anybody else see an odd pinkish glitch appear briefly at the bottom of the screen when playing? It seems to be random but does happen every few minutes. I'm talking about the release by khu.

And what does this have to do with Wii hacking?

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mcj said:
JimmyBobAlex said:

nothing

JimmyBobAlex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mcj said:
1. If the mods feel it isn't relevant, then they can always move it to the appropriate forum.
2. I was kind of wondering if perhaps it's possible the release was somehow dumped improperly causing these type of glitches. Is that possible?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. Without seeing it it could be anything from bad code on the devs part, to a messed up wii graphics card (not exactly uncommon) to a broken TV/cable.

2. Discs are signed so a bad dump would mean it does not run.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't Block Breaker a WiiWare title? Disc...?

You should try running freethewads on the PAL version and see if it has that issue, too.

RiPPn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I tried the Jap version I would get the same thing, it's the red banner that tells you that you aren't pointing the controller at the screen, when I used the Jap version which I made region free with freethewads, I saw this red bar flickering at the bottom even when the Wiimote was pointed at the screen, I do not get this same glitch when playing the US version, so sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue. Maybe has to do with playign the wad in a different region than it was released for?

JimmyBobAlex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
1. Without seeing it it could be anything from bad code on the devs part, to a messed up wii graphics card (not exactly uncommon) to a broken TV/cable.

This is the only game I've had issues with so I just wondered. I know many people here had to have played it buy now so I was just looking for a yes or no from folks if they experienced this issue.

teq said:
Isn't Block Breaker a WiiWare title? Disc...?

You should try running freethewads on the PAL version and see if it has that issue, too.
Yes I'm talking about the recent USA wiiware release. I was waiting for feedback from other people who played it because I thought that would be simplier, but if I comes down to it I'll just try the other versions.

QUOTE(RiPPn @ Jun 20 2008, 12:12 AM)
When I tried the Jap version I would get the same thing, it's the red banner that tells you that you aren't pointing the controller at the screen, when I used the Jap version which I made region free with freethewads, I saw this red bar flickering at the bottom even when the Wiimote was pointed at the screen, I do not get this same glitch when playing the US version, so sounds like you are getting a similar issue. Maybe has to do with making the was region free?
Yeah that must be it, thx. Mine was an unpatched USA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1