Blizzard has delayed both Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4 beyond 2022

vlcsnap_2019_11_01_15h22m17s784.0.jpg

Two Blizzard games are facing a major delay, to the point that neither will be releasing in 2021, or 2022, for that matter. An earnings report from Activision Blizzard revealed that Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2, games that never had a definitive release date, have been delayed beyond 2022. Previously, the games had been delayed outside of 2021, as well. Blizzard still plans on releasing content that will help drive company profits, while they continue to work on the two titles, in order to ensure that their teams have adequate time to develop good and engaging games for fans.

These are two of the most eagerly anticipated titles in the industry, and our teams have made great strides towards completion in recent quarters. But we believe giving the teams some extra time to complete production and continue growing their creative resources to support the titles after launch will ensure that these releases delight and engage their communities for many years into the future.

:arrow: Source

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: DarkCoffe64

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes I know, that's what I was referencing when I said they might as well be reduced down to just the employees that formerly made up Vicarious Visions. They should comprise the entirety of Blizzard now, rather than just a part of it. New projects like Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 might as well be scrapped, because they're gonna turn out to be shit anyway.
It wouldn't matter if they are under Activision's umbrella. After all, none of the Vicarious Visions employees knew about the name change. Wouldn't be surprising if Activision makes any other decisions/changes to Vicarious Visions without their knowledge.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised if it takes them more than 5 years to deliver on the final/finished product at this point. They are bleeding more people than they are retaining at this point with a dumpster fire of a CEO/executive team trying very hard to avoid being thrown out by every force around them from a legal standpoint and even from their own shareholders.

Bobby Kotick is basically the real life legal equivalent of Frogger. Instead of avoiding cars he is a master of avoiding any suitable enough punishment that would throw him out of the company/position. Even after all that has happened he still survives at the top.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this rate, Overwatch 2 will be DOA. Many people I know long switched back to other games including TF2. I don’t see people coming back in the numbers they are hoping for.

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i do enjoy overwatch, but given what's been happening with the company i'm not surprised its been pushed back. Now its just "oh well, time to play something else until then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.