New Blizzard conference call reveals both Overwatch 2 and Diablo IV will not release this year

vlcsnap_2019_11_01_15h22m17s784.0.jpg

With both Diablo IV and Overwatch 2 having been officially announced as being in development, some may have been hoping to be able to experience them sometime in 2021. However, that won't be the case, as Activision has no plans to release either game this year. Diablo IV and Overwatch 2 were revealed back at BlizzCon 2019 on November 1st, and while the sequel to Overwatch hasn't seen much in terms of news or additional information since its announcement, Diablo IV has been receiving quarterly updates from Blizzard, with the team taking input from fans as how to best improve the game's systems. The company did not specify as to whether either would launch next year, though Activision has a strong outlook for their release schedule going into 2022.

We expect Blizzard’s net bookings to grow, given the momentum in World of Warcraft and the other initiatives we have in the business. Our outlook does not include Diablo IV or Overwatch 2 launching in 2021. And while Diablo Immortal is progressing well and we anticipate its launch later this year, we don’t have any material contribution from the title in our outlook presently.

:arrow: Source

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
These delays better be the result of them actually working the games and not the result of them trying to find more ways to cram microtransactions into them.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I completely forgot about overwatch 2
Probably should be forgotten, it's a DLC that adds one mode which is being marketed as a full sequel. Even by modern Blizzard standards it's really pushing the envelope of what gamers are expected/willing to pay for.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read an interesting comment which this only proves:

They only announced OW2 and D-IV to draw attention away from the drama they caused with banning one of their Hearthstone Players for protesting in Hong Kong's favor, to avoid angering their Chinese overlords. Because the upset was so bad, they announced OW2 and D-IV to distract the fans from the ban.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 0 faith in modern Blizzard. This is coming from someone who played a lot of StarCraft, Warcraft and Diablo in his childhood.

I hope Blizzard burns after kowtowing to China.

Last edited by Viri,

kiaghi7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
⌐_⌐ I'm sure their answer to the shareholders was "What?! Don't you all have phones?!"

Blizzard/Activision has simply cratered in my support for them ever since their merger... I don't actively wish them a flaming death in the deepest ring of hell (unlike Electronic AntiChrist) but after what they did to the Diablo Franchise, both D3 and the mobile abortion, I just don't really care about their games anymore.

To those that still like them, please by all means continue liking them, don't change your opinion of a game you like simply because I or anyone else say something, that isn't what I'm suggesting here... I've merely become disenchanted with what the company has become and what their products seem to becoming.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Diablo 4 being delayed...that's unfortunate; Blizzard needed this to soothe remaining anger and resentment over "dO yOu GuYs NoT hAvE pHoNeS?" and Immortal Stupidity.

Overwatch 2...hope it gets cancelled; the original got progressively tainted and infected by Progressivism, and this sequel will certainly have the same corruption.
Also loot boxes. Fuck 'em. The original popularised them several years ago, and now they've become a widespread evil. Overwatch can die.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
that means they will continue to support Overwatch for another year, its not bad at all!
MOAR FREE DLC AND CHARACTERS incoming!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @genistopitauniverfrocrami, Not interested. The fanbase totally ruined it.