Homebrew blargSnes -- SNES emulator for the 3DS (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It indeed is already much better than CATSFC on the DSTwo, at least in terns of speed and frame rate.

Reactions: signz

ryokoseigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This thread is a bit too long to read through in its entirety, but what is the playability of this emulator like? I'd like to play Donkey kong 2 and perhaps a few others, but I platformers aren't gonna work without fullspeed. I normally played my snes games on my psp, but DK2 has huge slowdowns in some levels on psp.

c4655362

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is a bit too long to read through in its entirety, but what is the playability of this emulator like? I'd like to play Donkey kong 2 and perhaps a few others, but I platformers aren't gonna work without fullspeed. I normally played my snes games on my psp, but DK2 has huge slowdowns in some levels on psp.
DKC2 doesnt play

DingoDango

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if anyone has reported this yet, but I've experienced a few issues while playing A Link to the Past. The first one is when you leave a screen and it fades to black while the next screen loads and the game freezes. The only way to fix it is to end the emulation and start the game again. The other one is when you use the Pegasus boots and it causes characters to disappear (both NPCs and enemies). This seems to happen to whichever character first appeared on the screen. Otherwise, the emulator works great and I haven't had any problems with other games yet.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
Not for now.

How fucking discouraging. I took all that time to write the new execution loops and all... and in the end, it fixed nothing at all. Aside from the HDMA timing which I could very well have fixed on the old CPU loop in one line.

It even created more problems.

FF6 now outright crashes blargSNES when started. So does Super Puyo Puyo.
DKC's music is still playing too slow.
Sound in Super Bomberman 2 still dies after a while.

All that time fucking wasted. Unless I can somehow fix the crashes.

Uh, nevermind. The crash reason was a silly mistake, hah.

Positive side is that now FF6 plays its intro music fine, but it's still freezing when trying to go further.

Byny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A curious issue in Bahamut Lagoon. The game runs fine until you get to name your character. Moving the cursor to select the letters crashes the emulator.

Alo81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not for now.

How fucking discouraging. I took all that time to write the new execution loops and all... and in the end, it fixed nothing at all. Aside from the HDMA timing which I could very well have fixed on the old CPU loop in one line.

Positive side is that now FF6 plays its intro music fine, but it's still freezing when trying to go further.

Aha well...Glad to see you got it figured out.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
SA1 chip should be a priority so that we all can enjoy some quality Power Rangers Zeo: Battle Racers on our portable systems.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Not for now.

Don't you just hate it when those sort of things happen? Make something spectacular, but think it doesn't work only to find it was something misplaced or left in when it should be taken out? Happens to me more often than naught. Good to hear that it was just a simple mistake.

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Not for now.

What kind of debugging capabilities do you have? I can't imagine a lot, print statements and memdumps?

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
Pretty much this. Oh, and coloring the screen with a fixed color (which, unlike printf, applies immediately; handy in the case of a crash/freeze).

Perhaps debugging over network would be a good idea.

The FF6 freeze is a tricky one. The game isn't crashing or freezing in an easily identifiable place; it's still running its standard main loop, just doing nothing. Blarg.

Reactions: Idaho and eco95

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty much this. Oh, and coloring the screen with a fixed color (which, unlike printf, applies immediately; handy in the case of a crash/freeze).

The FF6 freeze is a tricky one. The game isn't crashing or freezing in an easily identifiable place; it's still running its standard main loop, just doing nothing. Blarg.

I know that FF6 uses some pretty fancy Mode 7 stuff during its intro with Terra walking towards the town in the beginning.

xantoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chrono Trigger, on the other hand, is almost fully playable now (on git), the sound is no longer fucked up like before. Although I still get scrambled around background tiles when talking to people sometimes.

Reactions: MarkDarkness
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_is_cool, happy birthdayn't