Homebrew blargSnes -- SNES emulator for the 3DS (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Awesome. In an entirely not-asking-for-ETA kind of way, do you have an idea of at what point in this exciting progress you might squeeze out another release? :)

You could build the source if you want. I'm still trying to get ctrulib to cooperate to no avail...

Edit: Almost have it building, but it can't seem to find makerom :/
Edit 2: There we go, now to deal with the rsf file issue it seems to be having...

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, no rush :) I know I didn't word myself very well, but it sounds like the answer is you want to finish that renderer before making a release, should be good! Cheers!

wheezyNoiZe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hah, it's done.

Sound is still a bit noisy though. I guess it's because of the transitions between buffers. Don't quite know how to handle them cleanly with CSND or if it's possible at all.

lolSNES didn't have that issue because mixing and playback had the exact same timing (both based on the system clock). It's impossible to achieve such a level of precision on the 3DS, sadly.

Increasing the buffer size reduces noise but also increases latency.

Oh well, this will do for now. Time to work on more fun things. (read: hardware-accelerated PPU)

Well done! this truly is epic news.

Seroczynski

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I finally tried blargSnes a little while back and I was impressed with how nice the emulator is to begin with. These things always looks different if you have them running than they do on screenshots. While I already gave you a phat thumbs up for working on this, I'd like to -once again- tell you that you are doing an awesome job again now that you have sound somewhat working. Can't wait to see where this emulator will be in a later stadium. Cheers!

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hello StapleButter :) I am closely following the progress of your emulator, and I'm impressed on how you did make almost everything working :D
Unfortunately, I couldn't test as my 3ds is updated to 9.xx. Hype for a homebrew loader is high :P

I had a question for you. Will you update the original lolsnes with all your core fixes? or this one is final? That would be great to have a better nds version :yaynds:

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
WTGKHoA.png

Hah, couldn't resist.

This is with the software renderer. The changed part is that I changed how color math and brightness are applied, so they can be changed mid-frame.

This code abuses render-to-texture, just like what's going to do hardware rendering, so it was essential to get this working before going any further.

It's still slow because the drawing code is naive and doesn't go do something else while the PICA200 is doing shit. And there are still some other issues I need to fix.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you plan to release a .cia file for future versions now that gateway support them?

And, the other question :

Also, this means homebrew applications now have access to many more services!

As I'm not a coder at all, what can this feature offer to blargsnes that wasn't possible before with a 3DS file?

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WTGKHoA.png

Hah, couldn't resist.

This is with the software renderer. The changed part is that I changed how color math and brightness are applied, so they can be changed mid-frame.

This code abuses render-to-texture, just like what's going to do hardware rendering, so it was essential to get this working before going any further.

It's still slow because the drawing code is naive and doesn't go do something else while the PICA200 is doing shit. And there are still some other issues I need to fix.
So beautiful... :wub:

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I'm right, from the last posts, it seem the sound is already working now, though not perfect.

Hah, it's done.

Sound is still a bit noisy though. I guess it's because of the transitions between buffers. Don't quite know how to handle them cleanly with CSND or if it's possible at all.

But maybe it'll help to get it work better more easily, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0