Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    "Firefox? How about you work more on being less of a piece of shit and less on trying to be a Chrome clone?"

[​IMG]

well it works great using the w/sound unsupported build .3dsx
    super ghouls and ghost dont display after title screen when level 1 starts , not sure if the official soundless build version has this problem too
    can't wait for mode 7
    so how does the dstwo plugin snes emu do mode 7?

2. TheWon

TheWon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ya still in RAR Zip Files. Just seems not to be able to find it.

Not a noob been apart of this community since the old Wii days. For some reason my 3DS just don't want to find the rooms.

3. Alo81

Alo81 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    You need to unzip them

rishard10212 likes this.
  4. VNCR

VNCR Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Just wanted to share a border I made

Attached Files:

5. AndrewPH

AndrewPH Member
    Newcomer

United States

Ah, and I'm guessing that no such mode exists (or is known about yet) on the 3ds?

I'm sure with enough poking and prodding at it, you'll figure something out. At the very worst, we'll have to deal with slowdown with mode7 bits, which isn't an issue in most games.

6. StapleButter

OP StapleButter 'New Member' registered since 2009. Fuck yea.

France
    There's no such things as 'modes' on the 3DS. All you get is a 3D GPU.

Unrelatedly...

[​IMG]

So yay, windows. Although there are still issues, it seems to cause occasional freezes and slowdowns.

With that, the hardware renderer is about on par with the software renderer, minus things like midframe palette updates.

7. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

United States
    So is it more of a problem building a list, organizing it, and then sending it to the GPU in the kind of form I described than it is having the GPU process it all? What about pre-made lists that make up each tile row that gets altered upon changes to the specific areas of VRAM related to them? ATM, I'm only thinking of modes other than Mode 7. Just trying to think of ways that can produce a result that you're looking for. Still rather silly that there are no programmable pixel shaders or even paletted texture support. Things would be so much easier if one of them existed on the hardware.

8. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    Sounds like the perfect time for a cheeky preview release...? B-)

AndrewPH likes this.
  9. StapleButter

France
    Nope.

To clarify, there are still some things I need to fix before I can go an release. Interface related things. As well as some method to choose the old software renderer.

SignZ, cvskid, hippy dave and 3 others like this.
  10. dronesplitter

dronesplitter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I got this to happen in Link to the Past the other day. It was the sound build though so I was hesitant to mention it at all since that one is unsupported, but if you do want me to post the SNESPtrChunk and SNESRAM files it dumped just let me know. Even in the official 1.1 build that doesn't have sound, Link to the Past has weird glitches if you use the pegasus boots where using them causes enemy sprites to warp to other places on the screen (if that has been brought to your attention already, sorry to bother about it).
    [​IMG]

11. davhuit

davhuit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Thanks for him, but I don't use unofficial version personally, there is no hurry ;)

(And I use a gateway anyway, so I don't use .3dsx file which seems to work with the homebrew loader, I only use .cia and .3ds).

EarthBound have a lot of copy protections methods. There is one which spawn more ennemies, one that erase your save after a boss before the end of the game, etc... I wouldn't play it before being sure the emulation don't trigger them personally ^^; (some old PC emulators were triggering them).

http://earthboundcentral.com/2011/05/earthbounds-copy-protection/

12. Deboog

Deboog GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It may be a while before the .3ds version supports sound.

13. davhuit

davhuit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    .cia file is also fine for gateway users and I think it already have sound, from what I read (the developper seems to had sound with a gateway before the exploit/homebrew launcher was released, but I'll let him confirm that or not himself).

Gateway recently unlocked all the services (like CSND) from what I read on their own website, along with the release of cia files.

Edit : Found his message about the sound : https://gbatemp.net/threads/blargsnes-snes-emulator-for-the-3ds-wip.369900/page-29#post-5144587

November 3, far before the homebrew launcher/exploit, and as he said later it would do a cia if it's not a pain to build, it seems to mean that his actually always working with a .3ds build (he said before the emulator was tested with a gateway).

If he was using a pre-released version of the homebrew launcher for the last builds, I think he would have said it (that you would need the homebrew exploit to get sound).

It seem he even managed to get the sound working before the gateway last update (2.6) which unlocked much services, as the gateway update got release on November 5, so two days after his message.

But that's just a lot of suppositions from what I read, can't be sure before actual confirmation, of course ;)

14. StapleButter

France
    And if you read one of my posts that followed that post, you'd find out that the issue has been fixed already :P

placebooooo likes this.
  15. halfer

halfer Newbie
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    StapleButter, are you going to continue making builds in formats other than .3dsx, so that in the future CFW and Gateway users could launch them with ease?
    Thanks for your work

16. DigitalJosee

DigitalJosee Go your clever boy, and remember me!

Brazil
    Hi staple,

I want to report a bug, I was playing Mario AllStars + SMW and the emulator freezes, yes the EMULATOR freeze, not the game, it happened more than one time, I can't exit the game.
    Other I found is that I can't exit a game a start other, it freezes when I click "A".

Thanks you and sorry for my bad English

17. Kikirini

Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

United States
    Finally got around to installing Ninjhax, and I'm very impressed with this! Been playing Shadowrun constantly, it runs very smoothly.
    By the way, how does one exit the emulator back to the homebrew launcher? I can't seem to figure it out.

18. AndrewPH

AndrewPH Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Pause the game and press the button to switch games, then look for a red 'x' in the top-right corner of the bottom screen.

19. dakopoulos

dakopoulos Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    what is that guys??

20. Kikirini

Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

United States
    I took a picture: link
    I'm not seeing it. (This is after pausing the game and pressing select to choose another game, like you said.)

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - blargSnes, emulator, (WIP)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.