Hacking Blank Squares in SX Pro Album

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zurchi
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 11,245
  • Replies Replies 21

Zurchi

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Jun 29, 2018
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
Age
126
XP
91
Country
United States
Maybe it is because I am using a MAC? but when I load up my SD Card I see a bunch of ._TITLE_OF_THE_XCI that are blank white squares and do nothing when clicked. the working games have Thumbnail art of the covers but the non working names have blank squares. Is there any way I can clean this up? Maybe a Database i can scrub in my card or a way to reload the album scanning?
 
I have this for Crash Trilogy using SX Pro. Other games ive split display and run fine. But Crash shows a white square in the game library, it does load fine though. Not sure on the cause - bug in SX OS?
 
...

@KTroopA that's kinda weird, no special characters in the filename or something?

Yep filenames are fine. I even retried the split and used simple name, same issue white icon. Im using windows 10 and xci cutter. Odd that other games like Street fighter 30th display fine.
 
Hmm i am assuming you are using FAT32 at that point because of the splitting. Otherwise I would have asked what happens with a one file dump but well that is out of the question for FAT32 and trimmed version remains over the 4GB treshold. Ehh ... anybody else experienced this?
 
It would be a neat feature if SX OS implemented a way to ignore or clean these "." files within the cfw itself.
 
  • Like
Reactions: T-hug
I have the exactly same problem with Crash bandicoot as Troopa! Several games run. Only Crash shows blank icon in Album. Also i am using Fat32 and splitted xci files.
Are there any news how to fix?
 
I have the same issue. Some games stay blank and it gives cartridge couldn't be read error. It's really frustrating. I'm using Windows (7 and 10 tried) and also tried different sources, nothing seems to work.
 
Had same crash trilogy issues . I redownlaoded from site - extracted and pushed it over again - boom worked this time - blank or white squares is usually shitty Wok SD cards.
 
Had same crash trilogy issues . I redownlaoded from site - extracted and pushed it over again - boom worked this time - blank or white squares is usually shitty Wok SD cards.

Did you end up getting the NSP and not the XCI? Having the same issue.. Found another XCI but same white screen logo.. Game works, just annoyed that it shows white on the SX game screen.. :( Maybe a bit of direction on where you coulda gotten (or searched for)..? :)
 
Yep filenames are fine. I even retried the split and used simple name, same issue white icon. Im using windows 10 and xci cutter. Odd that other games like Street fighter 30th display fine.
Did you figure this out?
All my trimmed xcis show a blank square too on the SX OS album
 
Sounds like data corruption. This can either be from a bad copy during transfer or the sd card is slowly showing it’s starting to die, ie bad sectors.

A “fix” would be to backup, format you sd card and try copy it again.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted