Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
i installed a c64 channel and now after the warning screen it gives a black screen with sound of the menu, how can i solve this? i have no modchip...

damned i don't have money to buy a new one and i think my wife will kill me for this... modchip installing is no option as i will lose my warrenty

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you got BANNER BRICKED! if you have Starfall and the TP hack installed, your safe! if not,
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

Bo Frost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi there!
sorry to hear that man! there is a Semi-brick fix disc made by bushing. i guess this would fix it but you need a modchip. you could use a wiiclip for mounting a chip. it requires max. 1 cable for newer wii´s to solder to the wii drive. for d2b or older its complete solderless.
there is no kind of warranty seal in/on the wii. if you are very very carefull when dis/assembling the wii and if you wear gloves to leave no fingerprints it is possible that no one would ever know that you opened it. but that is really hard (for me it is), especially the black screws are very sensitiv. installation itself is very easy with the clip.

what i would like to know is how did you brick your wii?
did you use a banner with wrong size for your custom wad or why did it brick?

regards

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Sorry for you dude
frown.gif

Your best bet is possibly installing a chip as Bo Frost stated.

By the way there was a manual autoboot feature in the wii, wouldn't it work? I don't remember the keypresses but since you can see the warning menu you can boot games manually?

edit: can't find information on that autoboot feature, it's probably a feature of modchips
frown.gif

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
Sorry for you dude
frown.gif

By the way there was a manual autoboot feature in the wii, wouldn't it work? I don't remember the keypresses but since you can see the warning menu you can boot games manually?

edit: can't find information on that autoboot feature, it's probably a feature of modchips
frown.gif
the autoboot feature is apart of Starfall. Hold y down on the first gc controller before starting the wii. it should display a screen saying 3.2(U)(E)(J). it will autoboot the game from there.

Bo Frost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you can patch games to autoboot with wii autoboot creator 1.0 but you need of course a chip to play them on wii.

if you press and hold "-" and "+" at the health warning screen and then confirm by pressing "a" you get to the maintenance mode but this wont solve your problem.

edit:good to know that about starfall, i tried that feature but i wasn´t aware what it does, just stuck at the screen with the IOS version number.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
samsam12 said:
WiiCrazy said:
Sorry for you dude
frown.gif

frown.gif
the autoboot feature is apart of Starfall. Hold y down on the first gc controller before starting the wii. it should display a screen saying 3.2(U)(E)(J). it will autoboot the game from there.

Well what I was mentioning was discussed here previously in semi brick threads and not related to Starfall. Anyways its probably of no use.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have the dvd liberary installed, so if bushing would finalize their unbricker like they said so it can be used by non modchip users, i could use that...

it happened with installing a own c64 wad, but all info was correct like i did with so many other wads... the only thing i changed other then the others was the title id, but again, that can't be the problem since it would just install and work, or just don't install...

edit: my wii is pretty recent, i've got a new one since 3 months cause of the brawl malfunction...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
FGOD said:
i have the dvd liberary installed, so if bushing would finalize their unbricker like they said so it can be used by non modchip users, i could use that...

it happened with installing a own c64 wad, but all info was correct like i did with so many other wads... the only thing i changed other then the others was the title id, but again, that can't be the problem since it would just install and work, or just don't install...

edit: my wii is pretty recent, i've got a new one since 3 months cause of the brawl malfunction...

Well what title id did you use?
I may test installing a wad with the same title id and see if it's the problem there. If I brick I can hopefully recover...(have a modchip).

Bo Frost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the d2sun+wiiclip is cheap and i never had problems with it.
it depends on your wii model which version you need. if you have d2c2 or older you could order a d2sun 2.0+wiiclip for 27,92 eur at hardstore.com wich is very cheap at all. its a special price, usually they sell out quick.
if you have a d2e dvd board you could order the d2sun 2.02+clip for 34,90 eur. if you pay 5 eur on top they mount and solder the chip to the clip so it is almost plug and play, maybe 1 cable to solder to the wii but thats easy because you dont have to solder to the ic.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
how can i check what modchip i need? i was thinking to buy a wiikey cause it is easy to update, but then again, i really want a good modchip and i don't know which ones are good...

when a modchip is on my wii, can i boot directly to that chip and open dvd from there(the unbrick iso)

Bo Frost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you can identify your drivechip here , just type in the model number of your wii. you find it on the sticker on the right side of the console. for pal wii it begins with LEH...............
once you know what drivechip you have, you can choose the right chip.
the wiikey only works with dms,d2a and d2b drivechip which is built in older wiis.
you bought your wii last september so it´s most likely a d2b,d2b cutleg or d2c drivechip in it.
the cutleg version is special, its very hard to solder. better dont try it if you have the cutleg version, i killed my first wii-drive which was a d2b cutleg. use the wii-clip instead!
if you are not good at soldering and if you dont know somebody that is good in it and does the job for you, best choice would be the wii-clip. different clips are available for all modchips on the market (that i know).

many chips need a programmer to update the firmware.
you can update some chips like the wiikey through dvd.
from that point, buying a wiikey is a good decision.

the semibrick fix disc should be an autoboot iso. i never used it by myself but how else could this work if it would not autoboot? maybe anybody here knows more about it...

btw. did you read this thread?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro