Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
didn't read it, but yeah i know about the wadmanager iso, but that only works when you have a modchip doesn't it?

btw, i had a new wii cause of the brawl problem... the serial is now LEH168xxxxxx couldn't find it there but i noticed i couldn't use wiikey so i think i will buy a D2pro9 v3 instead which can also be updated by dvd...

any ideas on how that works with the soldering to the drive? still need to buy a solder iron too then...

Bo Frost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes, you need a chip!

i had no problem finding your serial number. you have to type in your serial and press enter.
this is what i got:

# There is a 82% chance the chipset is GC2-D2C (v1).
# And there is also a 15% chance the chipset is GC2-D2C2 (v2) and the drive has the new metal clip.

maybe the result is not accurate because i only entered LEH168. please repeat that with your full number.

as far as i know you can not update the d2pro from dvd. there is an externel usb programmer which is sold seperatly.
i´m not 100% sure but i think the modchips for the newer dvd-boards are generally not updateable from dvd. i own a d2sun which is not updateable and i´m happy with that, everything works with it. i think the update feature is overrated anyway.

and again: best for you would be to mount the chip to a wii-clip if you are not very experienced with soldering. as i said, some shops like hardstore sell the chip presoldered to the clip. i think this would be right for you, you would just have to solder 1 cable on your own, already told you that.

btw. i bought a soldering iron with very thin tip for 10 eur at our local hardware store. shouldn´t be much more expensive.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
it really is updatable by dvd ;-) D2pro also can be fully configured by dvd

edit: sorry i filled in the serial at the wrong place
tongue.gif

i noticed in all way the D2pro9 can be used, but i hope i can figure out were i need to be soldering that one cable
tongue.gif

i hope i can convince my wife for buying the chip...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr