Hacking Black screen when trying to load save in Pokemon

Icharius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm using a Supercard CF with 1.70 firmware.

Patched ROM with the version 2.58 patcher with only "patch cartridge access" enabled and set to high.

It plays fine, but whenever I try to load a save where I have played longer than a hour (or reached the third city) all I get is a black screen.

Is there anyone who has the saves working on Supercard CF who can tell me what version patcher and what settings they used?

Any help would be highly appreciated.
biggrin.gif

halowolf

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have the same problem but with your config i cant load the backup i got two white screens

however the game runs 100 % but this loading problem doesnt allow me to play.

i have Supercard CF , firware 1.7 and software 2.58

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Patched ROM with the version 2.58 patcher with only "patch cartridge access" enabled and set to high.

It plays fine, but whenever I try to load a save where I have played longer than a hour (or reached the third city) all I get is a black screen.

Is there anyone who has the saves working on Supercard CF who can tell me what version patcher and what settings they used?

Any help would be highly appreciated. 
biggrin.gif

Edit: I got it working for now with firmware 1.70, patcher ver. 2.58 with Trim, Faster Play, PCA high and restart
My supercard cf works perfectly! I can post my patched cf pokemon on usenet if you guy's want?

halowolf

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Any help would be highly appreciated.Â
biggrin.gif

Edit: I got it working for now with firmware 1.70, patcher ver. 2.58 with Trim, Faster Play, PCA high and restart

My supercard cf works perfectly! I can post my patched cf pokemon on usenet if you guy's want?

What is your config for the patcher ?

Icharius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Now my problem is back.. I've tried tens of different configs with the patcher. Every time after playing a while and saving a few times the game freezes or when I try to load I get the black screen again.

Can someone who has the game working on the SC CF post his configs for the patcher, firmware, patcher version etc.?

Icharius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Can someone who has the game working and saving (for longer than 5 hours) on Supercard CF answer to these questions?

What version patcher are you using:
What settings did you patch the game with:
What version firmware do you have:
What speed and size CF card do you have:
Are you playing Pearl or Diamond:

Thanks in advance

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Someone on the scdev forums has found a fix for this problem.

The problem is the patcher produces only a 256kb file when it needs to be 512k.

his fix was to produce a blank 1mb save file (overkill probably) and now all his save problems have gone away.

to me this sounds like a very feasable fix, not to mention quite obvious lol, someone should of tried this days ago...link.... http://scdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9796&start=75

bottom of page 6 and he also includes a ready made blank save file .... http://namerehwon.no-ip.info/blank%201M%20save.nds.rar

snopo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a SuperCard SD. With a Superkey. And a 2GB SanDisk Ultra II. It would not save (save was always corrupt or not even existent). I used this 1Mb Save File. Now it saves but I cannot load (black screen). Ack! Any help?

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it