Homebrew black screen usb loader(s)

timothy Van der

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey I followed a guide to softmod my wii and it all worked out fine. But when i try to boot ANY game on ANY usb loader i just get a black screen!!! Just tell me what usb loader u use and what u did to let them work... thank you
smile.gif

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
first go to backup loaders with your topic (why dont these people do anything)
second tell me which loader (try Cfgloader)
third tell me which cIOS you use and which base IOS (eg Waninkoko rev19, installed on 249&250, baseios 57)

timothy Van der

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drag0nflamez said:
first go to backup loaders with your topic (why dont these people do anything)
second tell me which loader (try Cfgloader)
third tell me which cIOS you use and which base IOS (eg Waninkoko rev19, installed on 249&250, baseios 57)
Well im sorry im new to this site so i taught that this was the right catagory. But anyway, if you ask me what usb loader? Well Cfgloader, neogamma, usb loader GX, wiiflow, almost everyone, and for the IOSes i tried IOS249,250,hermes222/223 (but thats not the one that i need for the games i want; i looked it up) and I allready used any title deleter 5 times to delete everything and install it again, so i realy don't know what this can be. I do use an 8gig SDcard so maybe that could be the issue...

timothy Van der

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

timothy Van der

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BUT anyway It could be that it is a bad sd-card because on windows I had a lot of trouble when formatting it. It allways made a partition for only 200MB??! so maybe when i used WBFS-manager there x-went something wrong like not burning the whole ISO...

timothy Van der

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
timothy Van der Ouderaa said:
BTW I just tried to load another game via just a DVD and guess what; another error (error 1101) pfff WHY CAN'T I JUST PLAY GAMES!!!!!!!!!!
haha even better this **** DVD's are NOT ERASABLE!!!! well so i just completly waste a DVD!!!!

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a new wii, it has a D3-2 dvd drive in it. Those will not play backups of ANY kind, Wii, GC, Movies.
If you had an older wii, it would've been no problem.
You need a USB drive, or an SD card FORMATTED to WBFS in order to play games on your wii.
You need WBFS manager installed on your PC, then use this to format your SD or USB, then transfer the game ISO to those drives. You also need a loader=Neogamma, USB loader GX, etc.....

timothy Van der

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ddetkowski said:
If you have a new wii, it has a D3-2 dvd drive in it. Those will not play backups of ANY kind, Wii, GC, Movies.
You need a USB drive, or an SD card FORMATTED to WBFS in order to play games on your wii.
You need WBFS manager installed on your PC, then use this to format your SD or USB, then transfer the game ISO to those drives. You also need a loader=Neogamma, USB loader GX, etc..... I know my wii is from half 2008 so that can't be the problem and my dad just find bought a 230 gig usb-drive soo im gonna test that and i will be back to tell if it has worked...

Posts merged

QUOTE(ddetkowski @ Jun 22 2010, 04:09 PM) If you have a new wii, it has a D3-2 dvd drive in it. Those will not play backups of ANY kind, Wii, GC, Movies.
You need WBFS manager installed on your PC, then use this to format your SD or USB, then transfer the game ISO to those drives. You also need a loader=Neogamma, USB loader GX, etc.....
I know my wii is from half 2008 so that can't be the problem and my dad just find bought a 230 gig usb-drive soo im gonna test that and i will be back to tell if it has worked...

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
ddetkowski said:
You need WBFS manager installed on your PC, then use this to format your SD or USB, then transfer the game ISO to those drives.
No, not at all, your post is full of misinfo.

You don't need a USB drive/SD card formatted to WBFS (FAT32 works fine, NTFS works but no installation of games via the loader.

You do not need any wbfs "manager" installed on your PC.

timothy Van der

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
ddetkowski said:
You need WBFS manager installed on your PC, then use this to format your SD or USB, then transfer the game ISO to those drives.
No, not at all, your post is full of misinfo.

You don't need a USB drive/SD card formatted to WBFS (FAT32 works fine, NTFS works but no installation of games via the loader.

You do not need any wbfs "manager" installed on your PC.
well that doesn't work either... But doesn't anyone have an idea of what this could be, maybe a very very infreugent problem??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL