rzkruspe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi all,

I currently have a total of 6 Switches to try and fix.
They all have more or less the same problem :
-They charge just fine (15v 0.5-0.6A)
-they don't react to the power button being pressed
-they stay on a black screen, without ever showing either logo or battery charge symbol
-they show up in RCM on a PC (some of them turn on straight in RCM, some need the jig and button combo)
-Most shockingly, all their proprietors told me they had just launched the new update before getting the black screen.
That update being, I assume, either 13.1.0 or 13.2.0 .

Just as a heads up, among the 6 Switches, 3 are unpatched models, 2 are patched, and one is a Lite.
So it's almost certainly not a failed hack kind of brick.

Did Nintendo just release an update that bricks some of the consoles ?

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
If autorcm is enabled, you will see no charge symbol if you boot it up.
It's just waiting for the primary payload.
You could try LockpickRCM, that should boot without any dependecies (you need Atmosphere for dumping the keys though).
Hekate should also show something, even without the SD card present.

Patched models will turn into a brick if the owner tries to enable autorcm.
We have seen that issue before when FW 8.0 came out.
You need some hardware to fix that.

rzkruspe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Out of the 3 unpatched ones, 2 of them can take a payload, and Hekate says they have AutoRCM disabled.

Side note, the third one might actually have a display related problem.

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
-they stay on a black screen, without ever showing either logo or battery charge symbol

Out of the 3 unpatched ones, 2 of them can take a payload, and Hekate says they have AutoRCM disabled.
Well, which one is it? Do they stay on a black screen or can you launch Hekate? Or can you launch Hekate but if you try to launch fusée they go to a black screen?

Maybe they updated to the latest firmware but did not update Atmosphère to a version compatible with the latest firmware. That's the first thing I'd do, update Atmosphère. It might not work for all of them, but my bet is it'll at least fix the two that can boot to Hekate. Do note, however, that I'm a terrible gambler.

Last edited by Gep_Etto,
Reactions: BigOnYa

rzkruspe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, which one is it? Do they stay on a black screen or can you launch Hekate? Or can you launch Hekate but if you try to launch fusée they go to a black screen?
All of them stay on a black screen outside of RCM manipulations.
20s power press, Vol+/- and power, etc. combos yield no result.

Two of them do load Hekate, but give a black screen upon loading fusee (though I did not try creating a specific emuMMC partition for either of them, the partition on my SD was created with another Switch).

Also, today I called each owner back.
None of them tried hacking their console, in any way. Or so they said.
Tho none of them had an SD card, so I tend to believe them.
And of the 7 total consoles (someone brought me another one today), 6 of them had Fortnite on it.
One of the customers specifically told me that he launched an update for Fortnite, had his console battery die sometime after. And when he tried charging it back, nothing happened.
That happened about 4 months ago, he hasn't touched his console since, and they brought it in about a month ago.

I'm still at a loss here.

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think HOS can be bricked by a game update, but that is a pretty big coincidence. You can launch the cfw in the SD cards you're using on other Switches, right? Hmm... I'm stumped. Sorry. :(

rzkruspe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, apparently not.
Do i need to recreate the emuMMC -with- the console I'm trying to launch it on ?
(I mean that would make sense, but I thought I could gain a little time here x) )
I'll give it a try when I have the time.

But how would that help us in this situation ?

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see a lot of contradictions here for example if the power button wasn't working you wouldn't be able to load RCM. you also say they claim none of them were hacked but then proceed to talk about HOS and Emummc which requires hacking. regardless if it was me I'd attempt to load the Maintenance Mode and either try and update that way or factory reset them https://en-americas-support.nintend...to-update-nintendo-switch-in-maintenance-mode

Last edited by deathblade200,
Reactions: BigOnYa

rzkruspe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok so, the one Switch that is both unpatched and loads Hekate without issue (the other one says the card is in 1bit mode), does launch the emuMMC just fine.

I can confirm that it has Fortnite on it, with an update pending.

rzkruspe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I see a lot of contradictions here for example if the power button wasn't working you wouldn't be able to load RCM. you also say they claim none of them were hacked but then proceed to talk about HOS and Emummc which both require hacking. regardless if it was me I'd attempt to load the Maintenance Mode and either try and update that way or factory reset them https://en-americas-support.nintend...to-update-nintendo-switch-in-maintenance-mode
As said before, I have tried booting into maintenance mode. Without success.
And I didn't say the power button doesnt work, I said nothing happens when I press it.

And I'm not too sure what your claim is, regarding my talking about HOS and emuMMC.
None of the customers tried hacking their consoles, I did, on the unpatched ones, trying to see if that could revive them.

rzkruspe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok so, the one Switch that is both unpatched and loads Hekate without issue (the other one says the card is in 1bit mode), does launch the emuMMC just fine.

I can confirm that it has Fortnite on it, with an update pending.
Just fixed the other one, the SD reader connector was a bit loose.
It too loads emuMMC, and it has Fortnite.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As said before, I have tried booting into maintenance mode. Without success.
And I didn't say the power button doesnt work, I said nothing happens when I press it.

And I'm not too sure what your claim is, regarding my talking about HOS and emuMMC.
None of the customers tried hacking their consoles, I did, on the unpatched ones, trying to see if that could revive them.
starting to think English is not your first language

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: