mike1984

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so I just got a used Wii and I hooked it up. The thing works great there is just one thing. On the main screen and in Wii Sports, there are random black lines that appear in the screen. They flicker and are at random places. It's quite annoying actually. I tried my Wii on a tube tv and on my LCD tv and still the same thing. It's hooked up with the original wires it came with (yellow, white and red wires). Has anyone ever seen this before?

danih

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
mike1984 said:
Ok, so I just got a used Wii and I hooked it up. The thing works great there is just one thing. On the main screen and in Wii Sports, there are random black lines that appear in the screen. They flicker and are at random places. It's quite annoying actually. I tried my Wii on a tube tv and on my LCD tv and still the same thing. It's hooked up with the original wires it came with (yellow, white and red wires). Has anyone ever seen this before?
Hmm maybe you are talking about interlacing, however this is not likely as you tried the console on more than one TV. Check your TV settings in the Wii sysmenu - what is your resolution/refresh rate?
On the other hand, googling your symptom gave a result to worry about - people who had this problem sent their consoles back to Nintendo to receive another one!
Do you have this symptom: http://technabob.com/blog/2009/07/16/wii-b...lines-of-death/ ?

mike1984

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That's exactly what i have
frown.gif
I guess that's why the Wii only cost me 50$ with 2 games. I wonder how much it can cost to have it fixed... Also, I believe the wii is mod chipped. I don't think I can send it in to Nintendo.... How can I check.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have the same problem, but only happens when I set my settings to the highest TV resolution and is usually apparent in My Life As King, most other games you don't see it.

If I use the AV cables or the middle option in TV resolution it won't do it. Only does it using the highest resolution in the Wii settings. So I'm a bit confused because if the Wii is overheating, it should do it at any setting. All other settings are correct for my setup.

Other times it won't. I only have ever seen black pixel dots in My Life As King, no other game. Black or white sparks of lines flicker in that game too. But other times it won't.

danih

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
mike1984 said:
That's exactly what i have
frown.gif
I guess that's why the Wii only cost me 50$ with 2 games. I wonder how much it can cost to have it fixed... Also, I believe the wii is mod chipped. I don't think I can send it in to Nintendo.... How can I check.
That's a pity, the previous owner SHOULD have warned you about this problem - well on the other hands, 50 bucks for a wii is VERY suspicious, you should have asked...
Turn off WiiConnect 24 to slow down the deterioration.
As far as your modchip goes, I don't know how to check it without opening the wii case (besides asking the previous owner
smile.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol