#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Question. I have, for quite a while, had a black icon on my home screen - two actually. One I just recently removed, by chance, by installing FBI 2.x and uninstalling FBI 1.x (and also somehow that icon).

I know at one point in time I did try to install two CIAs, which didn't seem to go as planned. This was MONTHS ago and I have NO IDEA what they were at this point. One of the last things I tried to install was NASA, which is for launching NTR, right? May have been something related to that, but NASA is launchable... I just don't have a valid version of NTR CFW.

Looking at some threads with similar issues, people are saying this happens when you try to install directly to the NAND sometimes - which may well be the case here. Is there any way to identify what this one app is other than googling the DOZENS of Title IDs that are installed to NAND, and see which one is something that wouldn't be there under normal circumstances? It's not harming anything, it crashes to a stack dump on arm11 when launched, but having it there is just bugging me.

Thanks, and sorry for being a noob <3

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Just a stab in the dark but use FBI -> titles and check for black icons and delete them.
Or go into system settings under 3ds and dsiware and look for ?'s and delete those.

But really, this post is a bump for someone more experienced with this issue to see this thread. :P

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hmm, if you have corrupt system titles you should be able to fix those with an official firm update.

Make sure you're using luma3ds cfw if you do this.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Haha I might not know any more than you, @zoogie

From long ago I remember the advice being to look through installed titles on FBI, and find a red one with the wrong looking titleid (apps that are meant to be installed on the SD card all start with the same couple of digits, something like 10004 or 1400 out something like that). So you find one with that beginning in the list of stuff installed on your NAND, and that will be the culprit and need to be uninstalled. Make a NAND backup first though, in case something goes wrong.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha I might not know any more than you, @zoogie

From long ago I remember the advice being to look through installed titles on FBI, and find a red one with the wrong looking titleid (apps that are meant to be installed on the SD card all start with the same couple of digits, something like 10004 or 1400 out something like that). So you find one with that beginning in the list of stuff installed on your NAND, and that will be the culprit and need to be uninstalled. Make a NAND backup first though, in case something goes wrong.
lol i am good at these i knew user error was the actual cause back when people blamed rxtools for the issue not to steal quantum's thunder but i am saddened i was not summoned for this . . . lol

before the above advice came about i told people to look manually at the list of system firmware titles (on a pc/phone) while using fbi to verify your system titles

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay