Hacking black channels when launching from the system munu

trubio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4.0 wii, when i try to launch installed channels from the wii they start in a black screen and the controller is unresponsive, the only channel that works ok is the homebrew channel. Example. i can launch apps like usbloader gx from homebrew channel just not from the sysem menu it gives a black screen like all my other channels do. lHow can i fix this?

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most likely your having this issue because you installed some vc or wiiware games that you downloaded off the Internet that were not region free if not be specific about what channels are giving you a black screen if you want to be helped better

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
some ideas....

1) make sure if channels are forwarders that you have the app saved in the right place on your sd card.

2) install a trucha patched system menu IOS (which is IOS60 for 4.0 and 4.1 systems, be careful to avoid the IOS60 stub)

3) update IOS53 and IOS55

4) update to 4.1 or to 4.2 using xzxero's offline method in his stickied guide (if u follow his steps, u wont need to try #2 or #3 as his guide will include these steps)

trubio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have pactched IOS60 installed Ok i updated IOS53 and IOS55 and updated to system menu 4.1, reinstalled all my wads,
Still have the same problem, the only wads i have in stalled are Usb loader gx channel and the forwarder channel and neo gamma, when launched from system menu I get a black screen, but if launch from homebrew channel it will work. Also I tried install a wiiware, and it worked just fine

adambomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you by chance done any internal modification inside your Wii? I believe I have a similar issue as you do, and I'm drawing the conclusion that it may have to do with me accidentally breaking either my DVD drive or some other mysterious piece of hard ware. I cannot play any WiiWare, usb backup games, and I can't even insert any disc.. The only software that doesn't give me trouble are homebrew aps and VC games.
It always crashes to either black screen, green screen, or "An error has occured..."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2