Homebrew Black Box on emunand?

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been installing CIA's on my emunand for a while now. I have successfully added many games, and deleted them when I've finished playing them. I messed up on one of them, Cubic Ninja. It installed fine, but something must've gone wrong when I uninstalled it. There's a black box on my emunand now that has no icon, no name, and no publisher. On loading, it loads Cubic Ninja. How do I get rid of this? If I have to, I can make a whole new emunand, though I'd rather not do that until I try other methods of getting rid of it. Thanks guys!

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could've written it to the NAND, but my emunand and sysnand are supposed to be unlinked.
nand does not mean sysnand it means nand (. . .you know as in emunand)
fbi allows you to select nand or sd as the install destination (your emunand witch is stored on your sd card has its own . . . well nand)
your linked or unlinked nands have nothing to do with the question

edit: ok lets read here . . .
I've been installing CIA's on my emunand for a while now. I have successfully added many games, and deleted them when I've finished playing them. I messed up on one of them, Cubic Ninja. It installed fine, but something must've gone wrong when I uninstalled it. There's a black box on my emunand now that has no icon, no name, and no publisher. On loading, it loads Cubic Ninja. How do I get rid of this? If I have to, I can make a whole new emunand, though I'd rather not do that until I try other methods of getting rid of it. Thanks guys!
hmm so if you know that the problem app in question is cubic ninja then i have 2 possible solutions for you
1. install bbm (big blue menu) and use that to look for and delete the cubic ninja app you may or may not need to look up cubic ninjas title id first 3DS Releases
2. restore your emunand backup from before you caused this problem

2nd edit:
Have the same problem on my sysNAND...
is it the same or does the black box boot nothing/(freeze the console) when you load it?

Last edited by wormdood,

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nand does not mean sysnand it means nand (. . .you know as in emunand)
fbi allows you to select nand or sd as the install destination (your emunand witch is stored on your sd card has its own . . . well nand)
your linked or unlinked nands have nothing to do with the question

edit: ok lets read here . . .

hmm so if you know that the problem app in question is cubic ninja then i have 2 possible solutions for you
1. install bbm (big blue menu) and use that to look for and delete the cubic ninja app you may or may not need to look up cubic ninjas title id first 3DS Releases

2nd edit: is it the same or does the black box boot nothing/(freeze the console) when you load it?
Option 1 worked, thanks for the help. I was busy for a while so I just got to try it now. Turns out I did have it installed to the NAND after all!

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does nothing when I load it. Just freezes the console.
hmm so if you dont know the problem app in question then i have 2 possible solutions for you
1. install bbm (big blue menu) and use that to look for and delete any app you see two or more times
i made edits to the quote it should work for you

Last edited by wormdood,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed and check with bbm and the only titles I see are: BBM itself, Browser and the 2 GBA games I installed. I have a NAND backup. This is on my sysNAND. There are 3 black boxes.
can you post a screenshot because that makes no sense . . . if you just installed bbm then why do you not see your previous cia installer as well? . . . there has to be something you are missing/(not telling me) here . . .
. . . so lets start here what is your sysnand fw version? and rxtools version?

Last edited by wormdood,
D

Deleted-236924

can you post a screenshot because that makes no sense . . . if you just installed bbm then why do you not see your previous cia installer as well? . . . there has to be something you are missing/(not telling me) here . . .
. . . so lets start here what is your sysnand fw version? and rxtools version?
If they used FBI injected into H&S to install BBM then they wouldn't see FBI in BBM.

Reactions: skidooelan

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My sysNAND is 6.0.0 on a 2DS. My rxTools version is 3.0. There are some screenshots.

EDIT: I installed 3 GBA games and removed 1. Each square appeared when I installed a GBA game.
ok so easy fix use the 9-28 rxtools build from this link RxTools Nightlies by @WhoAmI? (remember to create a new firmware.bin and place it it sd/rxtools/system
then follow these steps to update sysnand to 9.2 this will fix your problem
How to Update your 3DS/2DS to 9.0 or 9.2

If you want to boot rxTools as soon as you turn on your 3DS, then you need to set-up Menuhax; and to use Menuhax, you need to be on 9.0 - 9.2 firmware.
Warning: This can brick your 3DS if done incorrectly! Be sure that you follow the instructions carefully!

Requirements:
  • FBI installed in sysnand (Step 4a if you don't have Gateway or Ninjhax) OR any other cia installer on Sysnand
  • A rxTools 3.0 nightly (preferably the one linked in Step 2)
    • Also works on rxTools 2.5.2 (for those that can't launch 3.0)
Let's get started.
  1. Click HERE
  2. Click the CIA Format DLC's, Themes & Updates [Archive] result
  3. Click View Full Version : CIA Format DLC's, Themes & Updates at the top of the page
  4. Find the thread titled [MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)
  5. Scroll down to the section titled Updates
  6. Download either the 9.2 modified update pack for your region, or a 9.0 or 9.2 Full Update Pack for you region
  7. Once downloaded, open the archive and find the "updates" folder; place it on your SD card. There should be many cia files in that folder.
    • Example: SD:/updates/0004013000008003.cia
  8. Download Sysupdater
  9. Open the archive and put sysUpdater.cia on your SD card
  10. Insert your SD card in your 3DS
  11. Hold L while launching rxTools to get into the rxTools menu
  12. Press DPAD RIGHT until you highlight ADVANCED OPTIONS, then press A
  13. Go down to DEVMODE and press A
  14. After a few seconds, you should now be in sysnand; firmware spoofing is disabled but cias can still be launched in this mode.
  15. Launch FBI
  16. Install sysUpdater.cia (Destination: SD)
  17. Once installed, press HOME to see sysUpdater wrapped as a gift; unwrap it.
  18. Launch sysUpdater
  19. sysUpdater will ask you if you are sure you want to go ahead with the update; choose to accept it.
    • It will also tell you that you shouldn't be in Gateway mode, or have firmware spoofing. Do not worry about this, DEVMODE has no firmware spoofing, so sysUpdater will work as intended. Just be absolutely sure you are in DEVMODE (line 13), not RXMODE SYSNAND!
  20. Wait for sysUpdater to finish. When it is done, your 3DS will reboot into 9.0 or 9.2 firmware! You can now follow the steps to use Menuhax if you'd like.
taken from this guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)

also thank you for the pic that proves to me that the squares can simply be a bug as well as i have been told but as i said above the sysnand update will fix things for you
side note: your current sysnand backup has this problem as well personally i would not only keep it but also mark it to reflect that and create a new one after the sysnand update

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If they used FBI injected into H&S to install BBM then they wouldn't see FBI in BBM.
. . .i personally had 3 instances of fbi installed to nand and only used injection

edit @skidooelan sorry forgot the link for the 9-28 RxTools Nightlies by @WhoAmI?

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: skidooelan
D

Deleted-236924

. . .i personally had 3 instances of fbi installed to nand and only used injection
If it's been properly injected into H&S then it shouldn't be directly installed to nand, it should be replacing H&S app and thus BBM would not see it.
I don't think everyone who's used injection is automatically going to see FBI in BBM. I didn't.

skidooelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so easy fix use the 9-28 rxtools build from this link RxTools Nightlies by @WhoAmI? (remember to create a new firmware.bin and place it it sd/rxtools/system
. I can't find the 9-28 version when I click on download. And why I can't keep the actual firmware.bin?

EDIT: found the 9-28 version. How am I supposed to change the rxTools version to the 9.28 one?

Last edited by skidooelan,

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
My sysNAND is 6.0.0 on a 2DS. My rxTools version is 3.0. There are some screenshots.

EDIT: I installed 3 GBA games and removed 1. Each square appeared when I installed a GBA game.
I also had that my problem with my 2DS.. But they disappeared when I updated my EmuNAND to the latest version (10.3).
I followed this guide to successfully update my emuNAND to the latest version.
P.S my sysNAND is also 9.0.

EDIT: what emuNAND version do you have now? :)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Last edited by Naxster,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: