Hacking Bit Amazed with the Cyclowiz

mattwasx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I ordered the cyclowiz mostly because it looked like it was going to be easier to install then the wiininja, but having never soldered a modchip it seemed a bit difficult to me. But I got it in without messing up and it works perfect. I have played DDR Mario Mix for gc for about an hour and it worked without any problems. I also played Wario Ware Smooth Moves for 30 mins and the only problem was there was that minor slow down during videos that everyone is getting. But during gameplay it was perfect. I'm also surprise ( even though I havent tested it for a good amount of time ) that the dvd-r's that I'm using are working. I'm using KHypermedia dvd-r's that I bought at office max for $20 for 100 dvd-r's! Whats that 20 cents per dvd. These are probably some of the cheapest dvds you can find and their working no prob. I burned them using nero at 4x. I just felt like posting this because a lot of people are putting down the cyclowiz and I was thinking I was gonna have a lot of problems but it turns out so far I have had none. Well I'll keep testing and see if any problems popup.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's excellent news. I'm glad to hear such a nice report.
I think a lot of peoples compatibility problems are going to come down to how their console reads the burned media they're using.
If you are getting away with budget media then your Wii DVD drive is probably a very capable reader.

Might be of interest to others if you can share your burning information. Media ID of the discs, burner and firmware you're using and burn speed.

mattwasx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well the dvd drive I'm using to burn them is a HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B and firmware version is 5.1.2535.0 and I'm burning them at 4x. I don't know how to check the media id of the discs but if you tell me how I'll find out.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Congratz!
from what i've been reading, your a lucky one.
what chip set is yours (the wii)?
this information might be useful to alot of others who are looking for an explaination.

edit;
to check the info, you should just be able to go into disc info...

mattwasx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought my wii the day of launch so it has a DMS chip but I'm not sure if my cyclowiz is v1 or v2. But I'm pretty sure its v1 since I ordered it from us divineo shop and they only seem to be selling v1's.

edit: I click properties on the disc but it really isnt telling me anything.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well the dvd drive I'm using to burn them is a HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B and firmware version is 5.1.2535.0 and I'm burning them at 4x. I don't know how to check the media id of the discs but if you tell me how I'll find out.
See this thread.
Or you could just download ImgBurn which will show you the "Manufacturer ID" in the right hand information pane of the main window.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using KHypermedia dvd-r's that I bought at office max for $20 for 100 dvd-r's!  Whats that 20 cents per dvd.

I bought 100 Verbatim 16x DVD-Rs for $22 - $15 rebate = $7! from buy.com. 7 cents per dvd!
laugh.gif

mattwasx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just tested Zelda for a few mins and when I loaded my save I got a dre but I just ejected the game and put it back in and it continued. Also whenever I died it gave me a dre. Probably has to do with the idle dre's that the modchips are getting. But this is pretty minor to me considering you can just eject and continue to play from when it froze, hopefully cyclowiz will release an update to fix this issue.

mattwasx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using KHypermedia dvd-r's that I bought at office max for $20 for 100 dvd-r's!  Whats that 20 cents per dvd.

I bought 100 Verbatim 16x DVD-Rs for $22 - $15 rebate = $7! from buy.com. 7 cents per dvd!
laugh.gif

Is this deal still on buy.com, if so please post the link I can't seem to find it.

No, the deal is dead now... I got it about two weeks ago. Just received a rebate submission confirmation by e-mail today.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: