Bionicle Heroes resources

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by maver1k_XVII, Aug 12, 2014.

1. maver1k_XVII
    OP

maver1k_XVII Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2014
    Russia
    Hello everyone,
    Recently I decided to take a look at the NDS version of Bionicle Heroes game. I've made a script that can import the 3d models from the PC version and I was curious if the same format is used in the DS verson.

I managed to get to the contents of the ROM using the CrystalTile2 and found two files that supposedly are the main archives - rom.bin and SoundData.rom. I managed to make a simple QuickBMS script to extract the rom.bin file. It contains .bca, .bta and .dat files. I couldn't figure out what to use to open the first two formats.
    As for the .dat files, they appear to be compressed and seem to contain BMD0 (models as far as I know), BTX0 and some other files. Here is a picture of the headers of three .dat files:
    [​IMG]
    All .dat files seem to start with 0x60, the byte order BMD0/BTX0/etc string is reversed for some reason.

Does anyone have thoughts on what are those .dat files and if it's possible to uncompress them? I never worked with the NDS games before and I would appreciate any help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice